Here we go again...
A Recap from last year's resolutions:
1. I want to knit a sweater for each member of my family (yes, even me!)
I feel like this goal was mostly a success. I c ompleted a sweater for Doodlebug, Monkey and any myself. I am currently knitting the sleeves on "My Husband's Henley." For the most part, I consider this a win.
2. Next goal is to train for a 1/2 marathon this year. This is a tough one! I ran my only half in 2005 then got married and had kids and fell WAY off track.
Ha! Not even close. I haven't run at all is the past 6 months and never even did a 10K let alone a half marathon. Partly this was due to a lingering back issue that I though would relves after Doodlebug was born but now looks like it might be disc related. Having said that, I feel the best now than I have in months and it's time to get back in gear!
3. To start french lessons. Monkey is starting French preschool in September and I'm worried I won't be able to keep up!
Well, Monkey did start French school in September and I actually went to sign up for lessons in September and then realized that I would miss half of them with our trip to Australia and New Zealand. Although, I notice I still haven't signed up for this January....
A Fresh Year and a Fresh Start...
Knitting goals for 2012:
1. Yarn diet from January 1st until after our family vacation to Hawaii at the beginning of April - Yikes! (My hands are sweaty just thinking about this one. My husband's response to this was "Shouldn't you choose something that's remotely possible?")
2. To learn to do stranded knitting while holding one colour in each hand.
3. To blog a minimum of 3 times a week and really discover whether I really have something to say.
1. To go to bed by 10:30pm on weekdays
2.To plan weeknight meals in advance and cut down the amount of "ready made" food I serve.
3. To exercise at least 3 times a week
4. No more French Fries. Not one. None!
5. To start to take BOTH French and Piano lessons - interesting that I've decided to up the ante on a goal that was an epic fail last year. Even I'm kind of skeptical of this one.
6. To decide, by the end of the year, what I need to do to find joy, pride and a feeling of self worth in being a stay-at-home-mum. And if it isn't possible then to make a plan to go back to work.
Now, if you made it through all that... I have a little reward for you. Today is also my one year blogging anniversary. Yay! To celebrate I've got a little giveaway. Leave a comment before Tuesday Jan 3 at 10pm MST and I will randomly draw for one person to win:
2 skeins of Mirasol Yarn Hacho
A 100% merino DK weight yarn
What are your plans for 2012?