Monday, January 10, 2011

FO: Baby Sweater - First Cardigan Ever!

I have finished my first cardigan for my darling Doodlebug.



Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers (oops, I forgot to mark down the colourway)

I have done several projects with Cascade 220 and really enjoy working with it (and the price point for 100% wool). I did find this colourway a little more itchy than others I have worked with so far.

I used 3.5mm needles for the ribbing and 4.5mm needles to get gauge.


Pattern: Raglan Cardigan with Fully Fashioned Shaping from Debbie Bliss' Baby knits for Beginners.

This was the first knitting book I bought several years ago and the 3rd project I have made from it. Overall I think it a good book for progressing from your very first project ever to something of a competent knitter. It also has the best instructions I have found for how to seam together difference edges.

This was my first go at Raglan construction. I really liked using the live stitches for the neck and not having to pick them up.

I knit the 6-9 month size and it is a good fit for my (smallish) 6 month old and will probably last a few months. I think it will probably get too short instead of too tight.










I have officially completed 1/4 of my resolution to knit a sweater for each member of my family in 2011.

Cheers!










No comments:

Post a Comment