Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

The very fact that I am typing this blog while breastfeeding is probably a sign that I am a bit crazy to be trying out this new way of talking to myself. But hey, it's a new year and I would love to start it by going on a new adventure (even if the only place I am going is into cyberspace)

I'm not sure what I have to offer in a blog. I would certainly never profess to be an expert at anything but I love to learn. So maybe it's worth it just to write the process down and be able to look back on the journey.

The short version of the journey so far... I am a 34 year old, mother of two, living in Calgary, Alberta (not my home town). Before I stopped working to stay home with the kids, I did my time at university and then spent 10 years working as a pediatric oncology nurse (as well as a couple years travelling and a little bit working in peds ICU). I'm still adjusting to the much smaller world as chief organizer for a family of a 2 1/2 year old son, a 5 month old daughter and a very hard working husband.

So, the plan will be to write about the events of daily living and the new things I get up to along the way... I think. (I suspect a lot of subject matter relating to parenting & knitting).

Anyways... Cheers and Happy New Year. May 2011 be a great one : )

(PS: I apologise in advance about the grammar - my grammar sucks)

No comments:

Post a Comment