Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday #5 - Aloha


Needless to say, getting ready to take two small children on vacation has taken up most of my knitting time this week.

I am in the middle of the colourwork of my second Camilla mitten.

I did manage to start my Honey Cowl yesterday during our travels. I am using Madelinetosh's Pashmina in colourway Vintage Frame. It is a lovely mushroomy gray semi-solid.
This my first experience with Madelinetosh and so far it is glorious to knit with.


I don't have too much to show for my efforts. As I suspected, knitting was difficult to do on the plane with a 6 month old on your lap and an almost 3 year old vying for attention. My progress was also hampered by...

1. On the first try, I misjudged how much yarn I would need for a long tail cast on (of course)

2. On the second try, I realized halfway through the first round that something had gone wrong with the initial stitch to join the round (and by halfway, I mean after I'd knitted about 100 stitches)

3. On the third try, I knitted the first round with the cast-on tail (a specialty of mine)

On the fourth try, I finally got it right and am finally into the pattern.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the view : )


Check out more WIP trough Tami's blog where I'm sure many other have made far more progress than I have.

Cheers, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the knitting in the round. I had to do my magic loop start 8 times before I got it right. Lucky for me it wasn't so big though! It looks great now that you've gotten a handle on it. :) Oh yeah, and the isn't too shabby either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Pashmina is a pretty color, but I think that view is even prettier!
    I hope you get in some beach knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a view! Hope you are having a great time! I made a sweater using Pashmina and it was heavenly to knit with. I love the color that you are using, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which makes me more jealous, the view or the Pashmina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time judging long tail cast on. I always just use the cable/knitted cast on.

    The view looks like here, only no water in the desert. Lots of palms and sand.

    ReplyDelete