Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday #6 - Come on Camilla


My family and I have travelled over to Maui for Part II of our Hawaiian vacation and have been joined by Nana (my mum) : )

This is our new view 

We have been here many times but this is our first trip with two kids. It is as lovely as ever.




















I hope that my attempt at using cute pictures to distract you from the lack of knitting content in this post has worked ; )

I have been working on my Camilla mittens but after spending all day with two kids in the sun, I am usually exhausted by the evening. At most I've been managing a beer and a 30 minute knit while listening to ocean before I'm off to bed.


Now that my mum is here and my husband G's conference is over I should have a little more time. I will have more to show next week - including an FO Friday of my Camilla mittens. I will get them done by the 28th to get my free pattern!!

Check out Tami's blog for links to everyone who's actually getting something done!

Cheers, Nikki

12 comments:

  1. It worked. Those photos of your happy kids are adorable. But no distraction was actually necessary. The Camilla mittens are amazing. . . beer and colorwork? I'm impressed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOooo jealous! The kids are adorable and look SO happy to be spending time in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mittens. In Hawaii. Excellent all around! Also, ditto Tami's jealousy. Hope you guys are enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely distracted by the cute. ;) And what a wonderful view! A Hawaiian vacation sounds wonderful right about now. Also wonderful: those mittens. Love the chart, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your vacation! Sounds lovely...and warm...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are so adorably distracting! And they look like they're having a blast! I love the colors that you are using for your mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! I don't know if I'd have the patience for that pattern while on vacation. Hawaii looks beautiful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, we don't have grass here either. Just palms and sand and cactus.

    I would think it would be hard to knit mittens in the warm sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! I'm jealous of your view..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little ones are adorable! I wish my husband went on conferences to Hawaii :-) Have you found any yarn stores there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one of my friends is rocking the Spillyjane Camilla contest, and I'm loving this pattern more and more.

    And from the looks on the kids faces, you all are having an amazing time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete