Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday #7 - Welcoming March


Now that my mittens are done, I have moved onto another project on tiny needles that you need to make two of... hmmm, perhaps not the best project sequence.

Still, I am happy to present (in progress)
Socks by the Pool
Sock accompanied by G and Monkey
So far, the simple pattern of Tidepool Socks seems to have been a good choice for my first attempt at knitted socks.
I am knitting with Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Stretch and am loving the subtle green and blue stripes. I am really enjoying this knit (but ask again me next week after I try to turn the heel).


random shot of sock on the grass
This is our second last day in paradise (sob) so next week I will probably be showing you "Socks in the Snow" : (

It has been a fabulous holiday and I can heartily recommend a vacation to Maui for anyone, young and old, families, couples and singles. It is truly wonderful.




But before you rush off to start booking your trip, take a minute to check out some more WIP's over at Tami's blog : )

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn, Nikki. I love the look of the socks in such a fun/tropical environment. Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of that yarn! Those are wonderful vacation pictures. I heartily agree with Tami...such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sock yarn. It goes well with pool knitting.

    I want to thank you for coming by my blog every day while you're on vacation and giving me words of encouragement. That's pretty amazing that someone would take the time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun!! It must have been wonderful to knit with that kind of beauty surrounding you!!
    I'm sure you'll return home full of new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunset looks amazing! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, beautiful. And envious. :)

    ReplyDelete