Saturday, April 2, 2011

2KCBWDAY6 - Something to aspire to...



Is there anything about knitting I have left to learn? 


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA


Here, in no particular order, are skills that interest and inspire me that have yet to tackle

  • entrelac
  • provisional cast-on
  • lace
  • lifelines
  • intarsia
  • felting
  • icord
  • top-down knitting
  • steeks (way way way too scared to try anything with this one)
  • bobbles
  • twisted stitches
  • amigurumi
  • toe up socks
  • magic loop
  • in-the-round on two circs
  • socks two at a time
  • pockets
  • crocheted edging
  • embroidery
  • cables without a cable needle
  • double knitting
  • fair isle using 2 hands

Wow, have I missed anything? Oh probably!


For as much as I still have to learn. I am proud of a few techniques I learned in the last year:
moebius cast on


raglan construction


cables

3 needle bind off





colourwork









dropping stitches


Here's hoping that when I look back next year, the second list will be much longer and the first one, much shorter!

The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, 
unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live
- Mortimer Adler

Cheers, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. I love your owl cables! That certainly is a comprehensive list, I'm sure you'll tackle some over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did some amazing work so far in knitting! I love your list because I think when one learns a craft, there is always more to take one's skills higher. You mentioned steeks on AutumnGeisha's blog; Susan B. Anderson referenced this steek video which I thought make it doable and less scary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6Kw6wGnNk

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kepanie

    Thanks! I've bookmarked it. Maybe steeks are moving up on my list of what to try next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list of techniques to aspire to. Looking at your FO's from the past year, you are well on your way to learning more and more. I want to learn entrelac, steeks and double knitting, too. WIP Wednesday KAL maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @autumngeisha
    I love the idea! We could have a group on Rav.

    ReplyDelete