Sunday, April 3, 2011

2KCBWDAY7 - Your knitting time


WOO HOO DAY 7!!!!

It has been a lot of fun reading so many posts each day... and a lot of work to come up with my own! Ironically, this week, blogging about knitting has really cut into my actual knitting time.

For *some reason*, knitting time in my world is hard to come by anyway. It is almost exclusively an evening activity.
Note: *some reason* above
For Christmas, my husband gave me my own knitting chair in the room where the kids play. If there is any chance of a cup of tea and knitting during the day, this is where it happens (you know, like maybe on the not-as-rare-as-it-should-be occasion when my kids are watching TV). I love that the chair is already known as "Mummy's chair". Yesterday, I overheard Monkey saying to my husband "don't cha want to come and sit with me in Mummy's chair?" Love it.
Mummy's Chair
Of course, after the kids go to bed, a fair amount of knitting occurs in front of the TV in the basement.


Then maybe some reading about knitting, here (until I get in trouble for keeping the light on)

If only I could figure out how to successfully knit, here : )

However, my favourite time to knit is at my friend's house on Wednesday nights. All week I look forward to getting out for an evening (with no kids!) and having a laugh with friends while we knit. I even skyped in when I was on vacation!
There are usually 3 - 8 of us there. Some of us are single, some are married. Some have kids, some are still able to plan fabulous solo travel adventures. When any of us have friends or family in town, we bring them too. We call it "Craft Night" (although there has been much debate about a cooler name but as of yet nothing has stuck). In the beginning, some of us would cross stitch or embroider or crochet but slowly we have all been sucked into knitting. When three of us had newborns last summer there wasn't a whole lot of knitting going on but we almost always showed up every week anyways. Now the babies are bigger and stay home so the big girls can concentrate on important things... like who's turn it is to bring dessert, oh and knitting.
All in all, we have a good laugh, help and encourage each other and definitely enable each other yarn habits.
I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with these kooks?

Happy Knitting and Crochet Blog Week! Well done everyone!!

Cheers, Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Your reasons are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 your knitting chair! What a sweet hubby! And, I definitely agree with the above comment, your reasons are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your craft night looks like a great time. I look forward to my knit night every week, too. Nothing is as fun as sharing the fiber love with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of knitting in a bubble bath. You should give it a try. BTW, I have pillows on my bed that exactly match the fabric of your knitting chair.

    ReplyDelete