Friday, April 15, 2011

FO Friday #7 - Tricky Chicky


Happy Friday everyone!

I'm very excited about today's FO for several reasons:

1. It's crochet - something I haven't done for a couple years.
2. It only took me two days for make
3. It's super cute : )

It was love at first sight when I saw Russ the Chick on Stacey's Fresh Stitches post about her Easter CAL. I was willing to brave getting out my hooks and relearning basic crochet to have one for myself my kids.

The pattern and Fresh Stitches website were very helpful with little tricks for the best techniques, like the sloppy slip knot. This is definitely a beginner pattern and my chick was done in no time.





Tell me that's not the cutest thing ever!

Designer: Stacey Trock
Hook: 4.5mm
Yarn: Cascade 220 in cream & yellow
Started: April 9, 2011
Finished April 10, 2011

I think it's the fact that he turns inside out to "hatch" that really gets me. Such a neat trick!
I've already started another one with a smaller hook so that I can give one to each of my kids on Easter Sunday.

Head on over to Tami's blog to check out some more cute, cool and clever FO's.

Cheers, Nikki 

19 comments:

  1. I've always loved this particular pattern. It is very cute indeed and I'm sure your kids will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, I want one! Yes, I don't think I'd share with my kids. That is too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cute!! I wish my crochet skills were a bit more developed. Maybe this pattern would give me the push.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painfully cute. I made a hatching chick out of fondant once, for an Easter cake, but that's about it. This is cuter, if less tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! So cute! You took such great action photos!
    You've got to come over and share on our facebook page! (www.facebook.com/freshstitches)
    or... if you're not facebook inclined, email me the photos!
    These HAVE to be shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karen

    You should go for it. It really is just single crochet and working in the round. between the pattern help and youtube, I'm sure you would find it a snap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be one of the cutest amis ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go you, this guy is too too cute and your crocheting looks wonderful! (Aren't Stacey's patterns fun? I made a penguin for her December Crochetalong and adored it to pieces.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I would love to do ami but I'm just no good with the fiddly stuff. You, on the other hand, are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It came out great! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! He's adorable and the egg hatching just multiplies the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chick itself is adorable, but I LOVE the fact that it turns inside out!! Adorable Easter basket gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! So adorable and the egg action is too cool. I am really impressed with the crochet, too. Your kids are going to love their special Easter toy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It turned out great! Love the photo sequence, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw that's so cute :D Clever how it turns inside out!

    ReplyDelete