Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WIP Wednesday #17 - What's Next?

Until about 10 minutes ago, I was going to write a post about my progress on Ode to Hedwig. Actually, I was going to complain about how slow the sleeves seem to be going after knitting up the body so quickly. Oh how I long for 10 minutes ago...

Because about 9 minutes ago, I cast on my second sleeve and realized that I had made two major unfixable errors on the first sleeve about 3 inches in. That's 3 inches in of 19 1/2 total. Can you hear my sobs through the computer?

So slow sleeves become even slower and this Wednesday finds me further behind on the sweater than last Wednesday. (I did knit hat in the middle but you will see that on Friday ; )

So instead I have decided to bring you:

Works (not yet) In Progress Wednesday

I have big plans for my knitting coming up. I am ambitiously determined to go stash busting as we save for a big trip this fall.

So, with any luck, soon this:


Will be THIS:

And then this:

plus 8 more balls just like this one ; )

Will be THIS:

Top-down Baby and Children Cable Yoke Jacket


And finally this:
for my sister-in-law (much more purple in real life)

and this:
for meeeee

Could both (separately) one day be THIS:

So much to look forward to (including about 11 more items in my queue
Ok, I feel a little better now.

I'm off to frog a sleeve but you should head off to Tami's blog to see many more WIP's (that are hopefully progressing better then mine).

Cheers, Nikki

16 comments:

  1. That cable yoke jacket is adorable, can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very cute patterns lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Goodale pattern, and I think it will look great in both of the colours you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stash a busting you shall go, love all the colors. Sorry to hear about going backward on your sweater. Think I'd put it aside and start something new just to clear my head and get over the argh feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I steal your idea for the day. I have made more unporgress than progress this week! Love your future plans, they look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh so sorry about the sleeves. :(

    But I love the children's coat and the last pattern. They are beautiful! Can't wait to see 'em ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound like my life. Sorry about you sleeve, keep plugging away. Look forward to the FO.
    Love the concept w(ny)ip, I have a bunch of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can feel your pain over the sweater sleeves. I hope it's not too painful frogging them back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrr for your sleeves *offers a virtual hug or a G&T (you choose)*

    Loving that Thermis - might add that to my own queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the hope of a fresh skein of yarn. Love all of your plans. The coat especially is beyond cute. Sorry to hear about your sleeve trouble. I prescribe one chocolate cupcake cut in half with a few spoonfuls of pistachio ice cream inside. Worked for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Sorry about the sleeve. This is when chocolate comes in handy. On the bright side, those are great future projects. I have Thermis in my faves, too. Don't you just love the chance to use cute buttons? I highly recommend Goodale. Mine was so much fun to knit and very wearable. The pockets are ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so so so sorry about the sleeve! :( The yarn is beautiful you posted. I have a skein of Tosh Vintage that I'm not sure what to do with. The Thermis is a great idea! Also, I LOVE the Goodale pattern and just added it to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that children's cable-and-yoke jacket is going to be amazing. You have such great yarn and amazing plans coming up, I'm excited to watch them appear! :D

    And yikes, sorry about the sleeve-frogging. :| I hope the re-sleeving goes perfectly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at Tosh Vintage :-)

    Isn't it lovely to be able to think about all the future knitting when the present knitting is just full of despair? Sometimes I browse my Ravelry Queue on bad days, sure in my belief that my future knitting will be easier and with fewer mistakes than what's currently on the needles.

    ReplyDelete