Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIP wednesday #19 - Fly By

Holy Cow. What a week! I feel like I am literally flying by the seat of my pants.

My hubby and I are off to Edmonton tonight to see U2. Woo Hoo!
Edmonton is about a 3 hour drive away and for the first time EVER we will be going without either of our kids. Yikes! I mean, Woo Hoo! OK, I've loving the idea of a night away but I'm mildly anxious to leave my baby (whose never had a bottle in her life) and my 3 year old with 2 sets of our poor unsuspecting and incredibly busy friends. Can I just say that I don't think I could make through the days without my two besties. We live very far from family and in some ways I feel that my two girlfriends have become the sisters I never had. I'm so, so grateful...

Any hoo... What am I supposed to be going on about? Oh, right, knitting!

I confess that not much has happened in that department, over the past week. On top of planning this night away and a trip to see my parents by myself (with the kids) next week, the sun has finally returned to our little corner of the world and we have been soaking up every second of it. Zoo, parks, picnics, you name it... oh wait, I'm still not talking about knitting.

I have started a new little project. I am making a set of hats for my husband's best friend's three kidlets.
Yarn for two boys and one girl

I just couldn't resist giving Wooly Wormhead's pattern Tinker a go.


I love how it is looking but I'll be honest all the cabling is a kind of a PITA.

I had trouble get the cables to really show in a photo. Trust me they are there.

It's going to be worth it though. (Remind me of that when I'm on hat #3)

Go on now and check out some post with some real knitting content through Tami's blog.

Game 1 tonight. Go Canucks!!

Cheers, Nikki

14 comments:

  1. Love the colors, and a very interesting pattern. Anxious to see more. Hope you have a good time at the concert, though I think I would prefer to spend the time touring Edmonton. I'm not a concert goer...might be an age thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are going to be so cute! The colors are lovely.
    Enjoy the concert!
    Game 1 should be quite interesting but being a Boston girl I must say GO Bruins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm green with jealousy... concert, hockey, sunshine, a night away... sigh. Hope you enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to work a little while ago (I'm a nurse too), leaving my baby at home all night with Daddy and a bottle and they were just fine. At the time she was EBF and hated the bottle with a passion.

    I love the three colours you are using for the hats, won't they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is adorable!! And LOL to PITA, I hope that catches on, it's awesome.

    GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kidlets! What a great word! I'd probably just say "youtes". =D

    Cables really are a pain to get to show in a photo. I always have to take my pictures in really bright sunlight with no flash and hope they show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colours look so cute together!

    And the cables will be worth it, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you have friends who are like family. :) That's always an amazing thing. And have a fantastic concert!

    I love the yarn you've chosen for the hats, especially that turquoise, and the PITA cabling on the hat is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your big excursion is a lot of fun!

    Maybe the cables will get easier & faster by hat #3? I have to admit I'm lazy about cables -- I love how they look (aran sweaters, mmmm!) but am not so motivated to knit more than a few and not that often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Woolly Wormhead pattern. I can't wait to see the other hats too. And have a fabulous time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hats look like they're going to be SUPER cute. :)

    Have fun at the concert and congrats to your team making it to the finals! (Mine. . . didn't.)

    I'm hoping I get to see at least one of the games of the series but our little one isn't too keen on watching sports quite yet. :\

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL don't get to liking that time to yourself ;) I like the yarn you've chosen for the hats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a great time at the concert. I've seen U2 live a few years ago and they were amazing. That is such a cute hat pattern. Love the tweedy yarn and colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a great time at the concert! Did you hear the story of Brule picking up Bono while he hitchhiked!!?? So bizarre. And WOW, what a game! I didn't get to see it, but talk about Torres as a hero!

    The yarn is beautiful! Can't wait to see the hats grow. :)

    ReplyDelete