Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Doodlebug!

 The story of one baby's first year through handknits.

First knit at one day old
Baby Sheep Hat
Coming home from the hospital
Garter Stitch Blanket

Ok I'm cheating but I did sew this blanket

First knitted gift - baby blanket from Aunt Sandra

Saartje's Booties
Probably my favourite knit of the year - Little Pumpkin


2 months old

Simple Baby Hat & Baby Booties

3 months old

Hallowe'en!
Just Ducky Hat & Just Ducky Socks

Almost 5 months

Christmas
Oliver Beanie with my own colourwork

Raglan Cardigan at 6 months

Cutie Patootie Cardi made by a friend

Gorgeous crocheted blanket made by someone at my husband's work

The three summer babies (in gorgeous knits made by their mummies)

Ok more cheating. I made the vest but it wasn't for her ; )

8 months

Easter
This cardi was made by my husband's grandmother for the first granddaughter and has now been passed on to the first great-granddaughter (believe-it-or-not, you can still buy those buttons at Walmart...)

11 months
Dear Liza
Wow! That's a lot of knits for one little person. And all the love that went into them is only the tip of the iceberg of all the best wishes, hopes and blessings that are coming your way today from around the world...

What a year it has been. I can't imagine my life without you in it. 
Happy 1st Birthday my dear Doodlebug. I love you so much.


Cheers, Nikki (Mummy)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! This is a great post, love seeing all the photos and the knits! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was precious. Thank you for sharing it, and Happy Birthday to the Doodlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even describe how much this post is making me smile. As the child of a knitting (and crocheting, and sewing...) mom, this makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. Your Doodlebug is a lucky (and adorable) girl.

    ReplyDelete