Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday #24 - Knitting Machine

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have been one busy little knitter lately.

My Ode to Hedwig is finished and blocked but awaiting buttons so you will have to wait a little longer to see it - hopefully by next Friday. I am excited to say, it appears that my first attempt at an adult sweater has resulted it an actual wearable garment. Yippee! I am very willing, however, to wait a loooooooooongg time for weather cold enough to justify wearing it.

You may remember when I made this hat for my cousin as a start to my Christmas knitting. This week I have finally knit the fingerless mittens to go with it. I am thrilled that I found the perfect pattern in the same spirit as the hat.

Just a sneak peak as I will definitely have these done for a big unveiling for FO Friday.

In the meantime, I am winding this beautiful skein of Malabrigo Sock to start on this at my Craft Night tonight. I think I will knit it with these modifications.

Is it pretty?

Ok, I'm off to find 32 buttons for owl's eyes... wish me luck - I suspect I'm going to need it!

I will be back to check out what else is going on over on Tami's blog for WIP Wednesday a little later. I hope you do too!

Cheers, Nikki

12 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn. Can't wait to see the FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for button buying!

    Love the colour of that malabrigo - it'll look stunning in that pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buttons, good luck, hope you find the right ones! Can't wait to see the finished sweater!
    The blue yarn looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Hedwig finish! I really like the yarn you are using for the mitt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty! Lovely, actually is a better word. Can't wait to see it. Good luck with the owl buttons. And thanks very much for all the kind words you've left on my blog lately. They're very cheering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Malabrigo looks yummy!! Have fun knitting with it!
    I got buttons for my owls from eBay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing the sweater. Can't wait to see it! I have been meaning to knit that pattern for a long time and actually bought the buttons for it already. That yarn is going to be perfect for Saroyan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a successful sweater! Good luck with the buttons, take breaks and deep breaths :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That malabrigo looks yummy! It doesn't matter how many skeins of other sock yarn I have in my stash, I still want to buy Malabrigo. I can't wait to see the sweater and the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Malabrigo is so so yummy! Good luck with the owl button eyes! I don't envy you on the sewing on part. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blue yarn. I'm looking forward to seeing all FO's on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saroyan is a terrific pattern -- my daughter made one for me and I love it. The shape is very wearable, you can wrap it different ways and it looks good no matter how you do it. Malabrigo Sock - yum!

    Good luck with the button hunting :-)

    ReplyDelete