I am very flattered that Sam the Knitter has included me on a list of her favourite new blogs and has given me the Versatile Blogger Award!!
I quite like these pass-it-on blog awards because it has helped me to find some really neat new blogs in the past
As part of the award after thanking Sam I've supposed to share 7 things about myself - yikes!
1. Yesterday, in an absolute breach of protocol, I had coffee cake for breakfast - You're shocked, I know.
2. My oldest starts preschool on Monday, sniff.
3. My husband and I come from opposite coasts in Canada and now live in landlocked Alberta.
4. I tend to dabble in things. I've taken more classes and courses than I can count. I can do a little bit of many things, but am an expert in nothing. (This, by the way, is a very common characteristic among nurses)
5. I used to eat when I was feeling down. Now, I buy yarn. I think this is a clear demonstration of my growth as a person. Ok, sometimes I eat too.
6. I have a really bad habit of staying up too late reading and then skipping to the last chapter so I can go to sleep. (Don't tell anyone, 'kay)
7. In my fantasy life, I would have liked to have been a florist. (Ironic considering I am useless with plants.)
Finally, I get to share with you 15 new blogs that I enjoy. Ok, well, 15 is a lot so I will give you what I've got. Oh, and by "new" I'm going with "discovered in the last year" ; )
1. Adriene's Couch - Do, Make, Create - a mostly knitting blog with beautiful yarn & projects and inspirations thoughts on life
2. Autumngeisha - a beautiful knitting blog with wonderful projects and beautiful pictures
3. It Might be a Metaphor - A fabulous knitting blog that never fails to make me laugh
4. Amber's Ambry - Boy oh boy, can this woman craft. I want to be her when I grow up.
5. Evergreen knits - Gorgeous designs and amazing travel photos. What more could you want?
6. Affiknitty - Another knitting blogger with a great way with words
7. The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady - Absolutely the funniest blog I read. Mostly crochet about an Irish teacher living with her husband in Germany.
8. What Kate Wore - Absolutely nothing to do with knitting (but, amazingly, did actually mention Ravelry the other day.) Since the royal couple's Canadian tour, I'm addicted.
Thanks again Sam!
|Monkey and his little buddy on a recent hike in Kananaskis.|
Alberta might not have much water but it can still be breathtakingly gorgeous.