Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Award... for me???


I am very flattered that Sam the Knitter has included me on a list of her favourite new blogs and has given me the Versatile Blogger Award!!
I quite like these pass-it-on blog awards because it has helped me to find some really neat new blogs in the past


As part of the award after thanking Sam I've supposed to share 7 things about myself - yikes!

1. Yesterday, in an absolute breach of protocol, I had coffee cake for breakfast - You're shocked, I know.
2. My oldest starts preschool on Monday, sniff.
3. My husband and I come from opposite coasts in Canada and now live in landlocked Alberta.
4. I tend to dabble in things. I've taken more classes and courses than I can count. I can do a little bit of many things, but am an expert in nothing. (This, by the way, is a very common characteristic among nurses)
5. I used to eat when I was feeling down. Now, I buy yarn. I think this is a clear demonstration of my growth as a person. Ok, sometimes I eat too.
6. I have a really bad habit of staying up too late reading and then skipping to the last chapter so I can go to sleep. (Don't tell anyone, 'kay)
7. In my fantasy life, I would have liked to have been a florist. (Ironic considering I am useless with plants.)


Finally, I get to share with you 15 new blogs that I enjoy. Ok, well, 15 is a lot so I will give you what I've got.  Oh, and by "new" I'm going with "discovered in the last year" ; )

1. Adriene's Couch - Do, Make, Create - a mostly knitting blog with beautiful yarn & projects and inspirations thoughts on life

2. Autumngeisha - a beautiful knitting blog with wonderful projects and beautiful pictures

3. It Might be a Metaphor - A fabulous knitting blog that never fails to make me laugh

4. Amber's Ambry - Boy oh boy, can this woman craft. I want to be her when I grow up.

5. Evergreen knits - Gorgeous designs and amazing travel photos. What more could you want?

6. Affiknitty - Another knitting blogger with a great way with words

7. The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady - Absolutely the funniest blog I read. Mostly crochet about an Irish teacher living with her husband in Germany.

8. What Kate Wore - Absolutely nothing to do with knitting (but, amazingly, did actually mention Ravelry the other day.) Since the royal couple's Canadian tour, I'm addicted.

Thanks again Sam!

Cheers, Nikki




Monkey and his little buddy on a recent hike in Kananaskis.
Alberta might not have much water but it can still be breathtakingly gorgeous.

2 comments: