Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 30 - Pulling the Wool Over Your Eyes


Happy Wednesday everyone.

Today I am flying home from a wonderful vacation. I have to get up at 4:30am! Fortunately, my father-in-law is traveling with me this time so I will not have to cross the country on my own with the kids again.

It`s been a great week. I didn`t get as much knitting done as I had hoped (darn that sunny weather ; ) but I am a couple rows away from finishing the body on my Goodale. I even managed to pick up some buttons at a gorgeous local yarn shop (more on that in another post). While the intended recipient for the goodale was here for a couple days, I knit a couple purple hats and even started a Castiel in a gorgeous blue Ultra Alpaca for myself.

I have taken a couple hundred photos this week... of course, none of them have been of my knitting. So instead of actually showing you my WIP`s I will attempt to distract awe you with pics from my trip.




My husband`s family`s home where we stayed in Nova Scotia



I absolutely LOVE these shutters 





The view from one side of the property



The view from the other side

 Have you forgotten that this is supposed to be a knitting post yet? No? Hmmm, well let`s look a couple more then...




Aren`t these wildflowers amazing?




This is where I spent as much time as possible whenever the kids were napping.
(and I definitely recommend this book)
Now if you still find yourself wholly dissatisfied with the knitting content of this post please make sure you check out more WIP`s through Tami`s blog (where I`m pretty sure you will find more talk about ongoing fiber projects than you did here).

Cheers, Nikki

25 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good trip back. Love your photos green and water. Looks so cool compared to hot, dry sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous place to live! I envy your husband's family and the view from their front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs, home you had a safe journey home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally distracted by the pretty pictures ;) I'm jealous of the hammock though, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, especially the wild flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed seeing the photos of your vacation. Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great trip. I love Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost smell the ocean air looking at those photos! Looks like a great and relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely time: good weather makes all the difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That property is lovely!!!! I feel like going on vacation just from looking at the pics.

    I'm glad you had a great time off; don't worry about the knitting, it'll be there when you get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodale is on my to do list. Can't wait to see your finished product. And the photos are stunning. Looks a lot like where I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to be there. Looks stunning, the perfect holiday spot for me. Next time, I'm in your suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great holiday! lovely photo's! I love the book you are reading, isn't it amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not dissatisfied, I am JEALOUS!!! Looks like the perfect place to dream, knit, and snooze!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, no wonder you married him. ;) Congratulations on a vacation well done. And I totally agree about Guernsey. If you get a chance, listen to the audio -- it's one of the best audiobooks I've heard. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have knitting--what I don't have are those lovely views! Those are some gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved that book! also have wanted to go to nova scotia ever since i read the anne of green gables series -- your pictures made me want to go there even more~ just beautiful.

    glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was both distracted and jealous! Really lovely photography. Hope your trip home goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photos! I love that book as well! After reading it I wanted to go around pressing copies into people's hands and saying, "Read this. Please. You must."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh , looks like a little bit of heaven to me ! Gorgeous photos ! I loved that book as well and can't think of a better place to enjoy it than in a hammock by the sea ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Amazing photos. You had me distracted, I wish I could live somewhere like that, they really look like they are in the middle of nowhere. Bliss!! I have just been reading the 'preview' of that book on my Kindle thingy on my phone and enjoyed it so I think I may have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous house and views! Nova Scotia has always been one of my dream destinations. After seeing your lovely pictures, I vow to get there next year. Those shutters are completely perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK I was totally awed by the pics and forgot about knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Nikki,
    just to let you know I have awarded you the Versitile Blogger Award on my blog! Please check it out and I hope you accept!
    Sam

    http://samtheknitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete