Friday, September 9, 2011

FO Friday #24 - Les Mitaines Belle


Happy Friday everyone.

I have reached the end of a very long week and am really looking forward to having my husband around for the next couple days. He has worked the last 12 days in a row, including yesterday from 8:30am - 11pm : (

I am excited to show you another finished Christmas present. These mittens were a treat to knit. The bulky wool knit up so fast! 

The pattern is interesting and easy - my favourite combination : ) I shouldn't be surprised 6717 people can't be wrong (especially when said people are knitters, of course). I enjoyed working these mitts with magic loop. I also magic looped the thumb because I didn't have couldn't find the right size DPNs (until just after I finished).

This was my first project with Malabrigo Chunky. It was as lovely as you would hope. It was great to knit with and is super soft. I didn't see any dye run when I soaked them. The mittens just fit when I finished them (exactly the way I like them) but I think the intended recipient likely has larger hands than I do so I blocked them bigger and I think they should work great. **Note: bulky wool mittens can take almost 3 days to dry - even during a heat wave!

Well without further ado...
Les Mitaines Belle


Pattern: Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Marron Oscuro
(I used about 1.5 skeins) 
Needles: 5.0mm/US 8 Knit Picks nickel circular
Modifications: none

Hope you get to enjoy one last summer weekend over the next couple days... unless, of course, you are in the Southern hemisphere. In which case, I hope your Spring has sprung (especially since I will be in in your neck of the woods in 3 weeks!!!!)

Cheers, Nikki

Follow the link to find more fabulous finished objects here.

ETA: It looks like Tami is having a little trouble with the link this morning so I'm going to take this opportunity to finally join everyone over at Fiber Arts Friday. Hi!


27 comments:

  1. They look great in that colour, and I bet they feel so good on the hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these! They look amazing, the colour and the pattern are stunning! They look so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those mittens! Everytime I see them knitted I say I am going to make myself a pair but have yet to do it. They are beautiful. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, those are so nice looking, very warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that colorway. Lucky recipient to get such pretty mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mittens are lovely! I think I need to be the 6719th person to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On one hand, I don't like Bella's Mittens because they're Bella's mittens and I hate Twilight. On the other hand, it's such a pretty pattern it's getting hard to resist making them. Yours came out fabulous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're awesome! I'm sure the recipient is going to adore them. I have two skeins of Malabrigo Chunky but have yet to work with it. I'll have to dig it out!

    Where are you headed in a few weeks? Australia? NZ? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cables, and the colour is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My likey, likey, likey!

    Oh, and did I tell you I really like those darn mittens?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, they look wonderfully warm....cables...long cuffs...what could be better?

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bella ! The pattern just pops with the malabrigo , very nice ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. those look so great! I can't even imagine mittens in malabrigo - they must be so, so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty mittens, thats one thing I have yet to try and make! they look tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for elongated mittens. Those are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in awe of your Christmas knitting progress. Gold star for you, missy... and another one because the mittens are so fab! Hope you and yours have a fantastic and quiet weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful colour and I think that you've just convinced me to add those to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm Malabrigo! Makes me think of the Savvy Girls podcast, they're always raving about that yarn. Your mitts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are fabulous, I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made some Bella mittens the year before last - and wore them right out! - I really enjoyed the pattern and am planning on making another pair. I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete