Friday, November 18, 2011

FO Friday #28 - A New Use for Yarn

Happy Friday everyone!

We are officially getting into the festive spirit around here. It's really nice to have something to look forward to when it's -15 C and snowing...

I have finished my first craft of the season and my most favourite thing about it is it is made with yarn!


Following these instructions from Better Homes and Gardens, I covered wreath form with worsted weight acrylic (an actual use for Red Heart!). Next, I made the felt flowers and leaves. Then, I added a little green yarn, pearls in the flowers and a spray of fake berries as accents. Finally, I tacked everything into place with my glue gun.
Start to finish the the project took and 2 hours which a thought was pretty good for a first time project!

I love love love wreaths and I'm sure this won't be my last wreath-related-yarny-craft : )

If today you have a hankering for actual knitted and crocheted FO's, look no further than all the linked up projects on Tami's blog!

Cheers, Nikki


16 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, I love the simplicity of it which makes it so much more effective I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I do love the simplicity. It is more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone keeps making these and I love seeing all the results. I really like the simplicity and the contrast of colors on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The classic look would fit anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ♥♥♥ this!!! (and you are right--a great use for Red Heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty wreath + almost instant gratification -- that's a win, for sure. And a nice break from the epic hubby sweater. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely! Excellent use of Red Heart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice decoration (and a great gift for those who like to decorate for the holidays).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous wreath! I love using yarn for other things, I want to wrap some around cardboard letters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really lovely: minimalistic and classy. Better Homes has great ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome!!And a very good use for Red Heart :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! it's definitely very winter-y - and a great use for acrylic too!

    ReplyDelete