Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WIP Wedesnday # 45 - Too Tired for Wit

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I hope the holidays were good to you. We had a fantastic Christmas at my parents in Vancouver. It was full of kids and chaos but it kind of felt like it's supposed to be that way.
I haven't go a whole lot to show this week but not because I haven't been knitting. I actually got sidelined and started and finished a charity project for my mum which I will show you in a couple weeks.

I did get a chance to finished the body of My Husband's Henley. Now that it's off the needles, he has finally properly tried it on. It has a roomy fit right now but I am still plagued by doubts that it's growing to grow enormously the first time it's washed. My husband will not hear of me frogging it, so I guess it's onwards and upwards... to the sleeves next. (I have read the Techknitter's post about serging side seams into a too big sweater, so I'm keeping that as a last-resort-back-up plan.)

How is that for one hell of a crappy phone pic?
I can't say I feel well rested after the holidays but I guess you can't win them all ; )  I have the perfect illustration of how I'm feeling. Here's my Monkey at the end of a long Christmas day:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
We head back home today, so I will be able to bring you a proper FO post on Friday. In the meantime, I'm excited to see what Tami's been up to now that she's back from her trip.

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet monkey! I wanted to do that Christmas Eve while all my husband's family was still here. I blame my MIL, she got me a sherpa blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Henley looks great and I agree you shouldn't frog it. Even if it's a little roomy, it will just be super comfy for him!

    Such a cute picture! That's how I always feel after a big Christmas day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Henley made of wool? Would it felt to make it smaller?

    Such a cute picture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Henley looks great, and I'm with your husband. Better finished than frogged :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to do that on Christmas Day too. But the MIL did, instead :o( Hmmm...side seams on a too-big sweater...will go and look. Hope your is sorted successfully.

    ReplyDelete