Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday #42 - Christmas Craziness

Happy Wednesday everyone.


I know what you're thinking...

"You can't fool me with a pretty Christmas shot... I can see that mitten is not much bigger than last week!"

The good news is that that is mitten number two!

And now that I have taken the effort to colour code the cable chart maybe this one will go a little faster.


Am I delusional to think I could have them finished in time for FO Friday?

Perhaps since I just found a mistake 5 rows back... for the second time tonight : (

Check out everyone who is actually putting the P into Progress over at Tami's Amis and Other Creations.

Cheers, Nikki

* note: this is the second week in a row I have not shown you evidence of any progress on The Sweater

** this is not a good thing.

8 comments:

  1. Cunning plan to colour code the chart :) I have still never knit anything from a chart... Maybe it's about time I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being on mitten number 2! I think when I learn to make socks and mittens I'm doing 2 at a time. I think I would get the 2nd sock/mitten syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nice things about mittens: #2 always goes faster than #1, they're smallish, and the yarn is usually biggish. Plus which, you're knitting them for a good cause. All of this should combine to get you a pair of finished mitts by Friday. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitten number two - that's progress. And besides it IS a very festive Christmas picture! Here's hoping I'll see the pair of them on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for second mittens---especially mittens that gorgeous. I'm in love with that cable pattern, and I hope your colour-coding works well for you! Sometimes stuff like that really helps a project along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never thought about color coding for cables. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to see the finished mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting from charts is a recipe for disaster around these parts. Next time I will try color coding them. Mitten number two looks great against those twinkling lights. Hope that you manage to get back on track with the sweater. No pressure or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've color coded like that before, helps me a lot!

    ReplyDelete