Pattern: Camilla Mittens by SpillyJane
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Sisu
Needles: 2.5mm Harmony DPN's
Started February 3rd, 2011
Finished February 24th, 2011
I found this pattern to be a great knit. The instructions were very clear and the chart was easy to work off of.
I also found this yarn easy to work with. It has a nice wooly texture that I think will be great for mittens. Sisu has a reputation for being splitty but I didn't have that issue with my wooden harmony needles. I noticed however that the teal yarn was quite a bit thinner than the grey. They were both uniform throughout the skein but not the same as each other.
I learned a lot of new techniques with these mittens including using waste yarn for an peasant thumb, kitchener stitch, and a new way to hold the yarn for colourwork (but I can't do it with two hands yet).
I also discovered that I seem to be a "process knitter." After my last blog several people commented about the irony of knitting mittens while n Hawaii. I hadn't really though about it as I was just enjoying the process : )
These are definitely the most intensive colourwork project I have attempted and over I am pleased with my effort.
I do have a slight problem though...
|One of these thing is not like the other...|
It seems that as my technique improved, my tension changed.
I don't think blocking is going to fix this.
Oh well, I guess its a good thing I enjoyed the process.
I guess I need to pick out my free pattern and get an email off to SpillyJane!
blog : )