This post is much later than usual. I am totally stuck in the middle of packing chaos. We leave tomorrow morning and I suspect I will be up very late getting ready (why does that always seem to happen despite how early I start packing or how organized I feel?). It is noon here and I have already accomplished 13 jobs so far today. Just got to keep on moving...
I have been frantically knitting on my Slip Stitch Baby Blanket and Henley Sweater as both projects are too big to take away with me. I am really enjoying them both and look forward to picking them up when I get back. (Please oh please don't let my tension change in the meantime!)
Since I can't take my big projects with me, I have no choice but to line up some new projects for the trip (honestly, there just is no other solution). Since the worst thing would be running out of things to knit while I'm away, I am taking more than I can possible hope to finish (again it is the only smart thing to do... it's not like they have wool in New Zealand or Australia... um, sure, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - just don't look in my case when I get back!)
Clockwise from the top left we have:
- Basic Winter Hat in Candy Skein Yummy Sport Superwash (Raspberry & Cream colourway)
- Sweet Fern Mitts in Madelinetosh Vintage (Baltic)
- another Tinker in Blackstone Tweed
- Striped Infinity Cowl in Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball fingering
- Ember Cowl in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK (Ink & Olivia)
- And in the middle of it all is my brand new Knit Kit that was a fabulous early-birthday gift from a good friend. It has scissors, stitch markers, a darning needle, a tape measure, a crochet hook and a row counter all neatly packed up together... and it's TSA approved!
I'll leave you with a (crummy phone) pic of our lovely indian summer that I will be leaving tomorrow to travel to spring "down under".
Don't forget that there are plenty of works-that-are-actually-in-progress to check out through Tami's blog!