Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Group Knitting

I'm very excited that my knitting group here in Calgary, along with two associated members in Australia, are going to launch our very own knit-along.

We have all purchased one skein each of gorgeous Madelinetosh Sock and are going to each knit the same shawl.

We have all bought different colourways, some more variegated than others. 
I got the gorgeous Earl Grey

The question is... which pattern should we knit?

We have agreed to all come to Craft Night on Wednesday with our top three pattern choices picked out. Then if there is no clear winner among us, we will devise some method of choosing.

There are so many great options, I'm having trouble picking just three!

For instance, I absolutely love the shape of Charlize. Not to mention And So Are You, although we would be super tight for yardage on it. Then there's Mizzle and Indian Paint Brush. And also Demiluna
 or Bakersfield. Ooh, what about Summer Flies? Semele is stunning but I think it would be a very challenging knit...

See! And that's just after a brief 15 minute search!

Please, help me out!

Madelinetosh sock is 395yds/361m of fingering weight merino.

What do you think we should knit?

Cheers, Nikki


7 comments:

  1. Popping in to say I looked at them all and like Charlize the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh 2 of my choices are in your list! You'll have to wait till Wednesday to find out which ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @knitApolloknit

    Well hopefully that means we are off to a good start : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many amazing shawl patterns out there. So hard to choose. I like your above selections. The shape of Charlize makes it so versatile. I really adore And So Are You and Semele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Charlize! It is hard to choose there are so many great patterns out there, with your listing I queued one and favorited one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't envy whoever has to make the final choice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough choice but in that Earl Grey Madelinetosh whatever you make is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete