Monday, February 6, 2012

Whatever the Mood Monday: Stashitis


I am one of those people who tends towards being a bit of a hypochondriac. Maybe I can blame it on a ten year career working in oncology? Or maybe not. The truth is I have always been a bit of a worrier. Wondering if a simple cold is turning into pneumonia or if a new freckle is melanoma are common thoughts in my world. I have self diagnosed myself with brain tumours several times (fortunately the problems have always turned out to be all in my head - ha)

Today, I have realized that I actually do have a disease:

STASHITIS

STASH - ITIS

stash - "one's personal collection of yarn"

itis - "the inflammation of"

Every time I feel the pain of my self imposed yarn diet (now at 37 days, but whose counting?), I look at this photo.


What is wrong with me? Is there any hope of a cure?

I much prefer to think of my stash this way...


I think I may have to face facts that my case of stashitis is chronic. When I look at the above photo, all I think is "look at all the room I have for more!" 
Save yourselves, there is no hope for me.

Only 57 more days of yarn diet to go!

Happy Monday everyone.

Cheers, Nikki

3 comments:

  1. 37 days without a yarn purchase - that's quite the achievement! 57 more - you can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I would love to have your stash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely looking stash :) I'm stash dieting at the moment too. I think I have managed nearly 2 months! It is possible ;)

    ReplyDelete