Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday #56 - Knits in Paradise



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am having a very happy Wednesday as yesterday we left winter behind (albeit a pretty wimpy mild one) for the sunshine and warmth of Maui. I even endured 7 1/2 hours of flying with two children, a dvd player with a spent battery and a flight with no TV's to get here... and it was worth every moment. We've rented a car, been to Costco and the grocery store and we are ready to do absolutely nothing for at least the next week (after which my father-in-law joins us and we might muster up the energy for some sightseeing).

I think the knitting is enjoying the scenery as much as I am.

Sock has been hanging out on the patio.


The Can-Oz Shawl has been lounging on a deck chair....


But, then came inside where it could be a bit more photogenic.


There are some other yarn along on the trip too. Hopefully, if this next week of leisure amounts to more than beer drinking and sunbathing, there will be something to show you of them next week.

For now, it's back to sandcastles and swimming.

Talk soon!

Cheers, Nikki

27 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful pictures. I am jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scenery you have there, not sure I would be able to concentrate on knitting anything, but that said, I am sure I would force myself to knit just for the fun of it LOL!! Have a great break.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! That sounds like a wonderful break (flight notwithstanding!)

    I love that last picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me feel a bit jealous, wonderful place to knit on nice projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, a well deserved break I'm sure, and some lovely projects to help you enjoy the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow beautiful pictures, and I love the WIP's - the shawl is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought I'd be envious of a sock, but here I am wishing I was hanging out on that balcony!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What better place to do nothing than Hawaii? Although I'm pretty sure that winter has left us behind here, too. It's supposed to be 76 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos, it looks absolutley divine. Back to sandcastles and sunbathing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that looks amazing! And well deserved, too. Hope you enjoy every second of it, and come back with a great tan and lots of knitted up stuff. :) Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects and a beautiful view

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh - can I join you in paradise! I can see myself knitting on that lovely beach!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you lucky duck! glad you're enjoying the sunshine :) That shawl looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures! Enjoy your break and your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so pretty, you probably don't need those socks now, concentrate on the shawl, you can use that when air conditioning is too cool. Great photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, the vacation sounds great, and your shawl looks lovely so far.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how your shawl seems to match the color of the beach :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your vacation sounds Awesome! Your shawl is looking pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. they both look gorgeous! have fun on your vacation =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, that socko colorway looks just like the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm dying with envy here. You lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think that this is the first time in my life that I am envious of a sock. The water looks so gorgeously blue! You are one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like bliss!! Mucho jealouso!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH, WOW! That view!!!! If it wasn't 80 degrees and gorgeous in Chicago, I might be crying with envy! I hope you have a wonderful stay in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is amazing view! It makes me want to go to Hawaii even more now! I went as a kid, but the husband and I will be going next July for a friends wedding - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete