Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday #57 - Shawls and Sock by Sunset


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Today I bring you the second (and likely final, for at least a long while) edition of WIP Wednesday in Paradise. (I apologize in advance to the picture heaviness of this post)

It's been a great week.
We have been for long walks on the beach

I changed my toenails from pink to orange ; )

We've seen beauty all around us


Had some amazing creatures cross our path

Sea turtles feeding
Lizard of unknown origin

These last two creatures I might just take home with me

Enjoyed incredible sunsets



And there has even been some knitting!
I've got 5 rows left on the body of my Can-Oz Shawl

I'm about to pick up stitches for the gusset of my first Socks by the Pool (Take II)
About 1/3 of my Longing for Heat ponchette


 The best part is... that we have another week to go!

Hope you're having a great week and that checking out some fabulous WIP through Tami's blog just serves to improve it!

Cheers, Nikki

PS: I think there are several people in our building who now think I am totally looney after watching me take pictures of my knitting. Note to self: next time take a walk ; )

21 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely and so are your projects! Loving that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think your shawl is beautiful....
    Let the people wonder, a little crazy never harmed anyone!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea turtles! I love sea turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so idyllic, and the perfect setting for knitting :) I know what you mean about people giving you strange looks - I always take my pictures in the garden at work, and goodness knows what they think! But your projects look so lovely in the sunshine, I'd say it was worth a little crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks just fantastic there! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the picture heavy posts coming! I love it. Great projects too ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can almost smell the ocean breeze... Love the pictures, especially your little guy in the flippers and mask; that one made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The next best thing to being in Paradise is to look at your pictures of it. Keep them coming! Those last two sea creatures are adorable and look very well acclimated to Paradise. Your projects are looking great against that gorgeous backdrop, especially the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooooooooo jealous! What an epic way to wrap up your yarn diet! Thanks for sharing the pics of the WIPs and the kiddos -- love seeing both! Enjoy another week in paradise. We'll wait here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a lovely post, I can almost smell the ocean as I admire your beautiful WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The manta ray looks so happy! It just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so so so jealous! Gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a fun time ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are bee-yoo-tee-ful! I love Hawaii so much!! Wish I could afford to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, my week isn't going quite as well as yours. Have fun on your remaining week in paradise! Aloha and mahalo for all the lovely pictures! Love the sea creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Looks like heaven and all that time for your knitting too? Bliss! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha I love taking pictures of my work!!

    So jealous! I need a holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a beautiful place :-) And I *love* the photos of your kids :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the pictures! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hullooooo

    I've given you a bloggie award :D http://omlair.blogspot.com/2012/04/oh-stop-it-you.html

    ReplyDelete