Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday #60 - KALculations




Happy Wednesday everyone!


Today, in addition to my usual link up with Tami's Amis, I will also be linking with  luvinthemommyhood for the Tops, Tanks & Tees knit along : )

I have spent the last week working exclusively on my Cherry cardigan for the KAL. There has been a little bit of going backwards and forwards (it appears to my dismay that I have still not learned how to count) but overall I am pretty happy with my progress. I'm about 2/3's done the back.
The project bag is my one souvenir from our recent Maui vacation.
It was repurposed from 1930's quilts from India!

I am really enjoying knitting this. The "little birds" cable repeat is simple enough to memorize, but adds enough variation to keep it interesting.
I have decided to to do the drawstring at the waist. My gauge is still a bit tight, so I have knit up a size. Fingers crossed it will all work out!

Close up of the "little birds"

btw: If you get a chance to pop back next week, I will again be participating in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week (there I've said it - now I have to!)


Cheers, Nikki



17 comments:

  1. *fingers crossed*

    love the colour, will make for a very versatile top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great - fingers crossed the sizing works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delicate pattern of little birds. It provides a subtle texture and doesn't look too complicated. I'll be participating in the Blog Week, too - Looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're making excellent progress! Such a lovely cable pattern. Good luck with blog week next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the little birds cabling is going to look FANTASTIC on a cardigan! It looks like you're making pretty speedy progress! I'm eager to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely lovely! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who still can't count ;) The cable detail is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pattern on the top. Glad to hear you opted for the strings; I think they're a nice detail. I looked at the Knitting and Crochet Blog week, but after seeing the topics and the examples I felt unprepared and overwhelmed. I look forward to seeing your posts, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks gorgeous! I love that pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen that stitch pattern called so many things... and when I read "little birds" I absolutely saw it! Looks gorgeous so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the little birds pattern

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crossing my fingers here for you! The project bag is amazing! What a find! I followed you from WIPW. Here is my latest project: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely and I love your post title...so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to swing by to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :) Thank you for your inspiring posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another one who loves the little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I. Love. This.
    I think I wrote that on the thread too but really, this is so gorgeous. I love those 'little birds'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pattern is so beautiful. I love that you knit it in such a simple, neutral color, it really lets the pattern shine!

    ReplyDelete