Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday #61 - Perseverance





Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. 
- Walter Elliott

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am still going going going with my Cherry. Since starting this KAL, I have worked exclusively on this one project for two weeks now. This is very unlike me!

I am seeing progress but I have slowed down in recent days due to my participation in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week. It's kind of ironic how blogging about knitting can keep you from actually doing any knitting ; )

Anyways, I have finished the back of the cardi. Despite it looking long and skinny when I finished, it has blocked out fine.

I am also done the left front and about 1/3 of the right. I am not deluding myself into thinking that the end is near. Even though it only has short sleeves, there is a ton of finishing on this project so I know I am in for the long haul.

Oh well, one step at a time I guess. In the mean time,  I will try to enjoy each small victory. 

To see what other in the KAL are up to, check out luvinthemommyhood's blog and see plenty more WIP's through Tami's blog too!

Cheers, Nikki

Click here to see today's Knitting Blog Week post.

15 comments:

  1. That is looking great. What a lovely stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful and worth the the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful. Such gorgeous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The progress looks incredible! I really love this stitch pattern for a cardigan! Just the right amount of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture in your sweater...anxious to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way - blogging about knitting has taken so much time away from actually knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking so pretty! Looking forwards to seeing the front :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh...looking lovely!!! This is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is looking beautiful. I love the stitch work. I am jealous that you managed to get in a little bit of knitting this week. My wrists are sore from typing not knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the look of this cardi - it's fab

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really lovely.

    I've done hardly any knitting this week either - but I figured KCBW is only once a year and I'm loving looking at some new blogs.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the week
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! The pattern is very pretty.

    I followed you from WIP Wednesdays and here is my WIP: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo gorgeous. I just love the stitch and the yarn!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is going to be beautiful once it's all complete! What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete