|Finished Object Friday with Tami's Amis|
Happy Friday everyone!
I am so excited to show off my new cardigan to you today. I am also excedingly happy that it is finally done. I started this project as part of luvinthemommyhood's Tops, Tanks and Tees knit-along. The fronts and back went quickly but the seaming and sleeves nearly did me in the end. Fortunately, I persevered because I couldn't be more thrilled with the result.
Pattern: Cherry by Anna Bell
While well written, this pattern is not for beginners. The designer makes no indication of which cast-on (or off), increases, decreases or button holes to use. After laying out the initial cable pattern, you are on your own with how to make it work in relation to the shaping and for button hole placement. I also thought it a little funny that you need to log onto the designer's website to find out what her abbreviations mean. All that being said, I loved the knitting "little birds" cable as well as the overall style of this cardigan. The cable pattern is very simple but made knitting the body so much more fun than plain stockinette. I think it looks pretty sharp too!
|This was the moment my phtographer suggested I do a cardigan strip tease|
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cathay
50% cotton/35% rayon/15%silk
This, sadly dicontinued, yarn was enjoyable to knit. It has more give than a plain cotton yarn and a lovely sheen to it. Although technically machine washable, this baby will only be hand washed. I put too much effort into it to risk it in the washer. The yarn was very splitty and tended to quickly loose it's twist. I had read that it does not frog and re-knit well but I frogged one of my sleeves four times and I think it looks great. The fabric is so soft with a bit of weight to it. I am really glad that lately I am finding natural non-wool yarns yarns as pleasurable to knit as my beloved wool.
Needles: 3.25mm and 4mm Knit Picks nickel circulars
There were many. I lengthed the body about an inch. I took out the waist ties and added more buttons. I lengthened the sleeves which involved completely altering the pattern to reduced the amount of "puff" and as a not-so-cool side effect nearly did my head in. I also managed to make some of my button hole placements a little uneven (this was unintentional ; ).