Friday, July 6, 2012

FO Friday #50 - Across the Water


Happy Friday everyone!

Last year, I got the chance to visit a lovely yarn shop in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. My very good friend had just moved back to Australia from Calgary and I was already missing her terribly. I saw some Silky Wool in a lovely shade of blue and knew I wanted to make something for her. It only took me about ten months to get it done...

It's winter in Melbourne and July 1st was my friend's birthday. I'm really pleased with the gift I made for her. I hope it fits the bill for the "cooler" months down under. And now that she has her scarf, I can finally show it...



Pattern: Cherry Leaf Scarf by Mary Ann Stephens
This pattern is free!

Colourway: 10
I knit until I finished two skeins

Modifications:
none!


It is going to be a gloriously sunny weekend here for the start of the Calgary Stampede. We plan to make the most of it. I hope you have some lovely weekend plans you are looking forward to, and I hope they include checking out more FO's through Tami's Amis : )

Cheers, Nikki


PS: I just came across this great article in the Washington Post. Love it!


9 comments:

  1. Oh, that will be perfect for the melbourne weather atm, it's freeeeezing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that scarf is gorgeous! I need to make that for myself.
    Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color and the pattern, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your scarf it looks amazing, and what an interesting article XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that scarf ... perfection! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki, the scarf is lovely! It matches your eyes. :-)

    ReplyDelete