Friday, October 26, 2012

FO Friday #56 - Hope for a Small Head


Happy Friday everyone.

This is a quick drive-by post as today is crazy busy with two big events on. We are going to see The Wiggles on their farewell tour, followed by a Hallowe'en party at my son's school. I expect two over-tired, over-stimulated children by the end of the day!

But, today I am here to talk about child #3. I have finally knit my first item for my unborn babe due in just 12 week - yikes!

So, I found the pattern that I thought would make a very cute first hat to wear home from the hospital. The question last week was: should it be blue or pink?

We didn't find out what we were having with our first two children. I have a friend with four kids who told me that in the end, the only reason she ever pushed any of them out was to find out what they were. I figured a little added motivation could hurt. This time felt different though. My husband wanted to get ready in advance and I felt that it might help with the acceptance and understanding of the older two kids if they knew if they were getting a baby brother or sister. So we found out. And I have to say, so far I haven't regretted it (although maybe I'll reserve judgement until I'm trying to garner the will power for those last few pushes ; ).

So this hat will be....

BLUE for a baby boy!



Do you think it will fit??



Click here for the project notes.

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Very cute hat. I found out with both of mine. Figured there would be enough surprises on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect hat for a perfect baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect hat for a perfect baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I think it'll be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see this hat on your new bundle of boy joy!!

    ReplyDelete