Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIP Wednesday #70 - All Work and No Blog...



Happy Wednesday everyone.

It's pretty late in the day, so it probably isn't even Wednesday anymore for so of you. But I figure, a late blog is better than no blog at all.

Although there has been little blogging, there continues to be lots of knitting around my house these days. 

I am very excited to have started knitting with my "Craftie Young Peoples Priceless yarn" which was hand dyed for me by the women in our sis craft group in Melbourne Australia. When my friend came to visit this summer, she surprised us with yarn that had been dyed for each of us to do a KAL with.


Colourway "Nikki" - Nice eh?
Mine is 720m of superwash wool in a fingering weight. I have used it to start knitting Elvira for Doodlebug. (I also have grand schemes of knitting a mini on for her dolly but I'm not getting carried away yet.


Despite a rough start which involved ripping back dozens of rows TWICE (and quite a few bad words), The project is going gangbusters now. I have high hopes of finishing by the end of October for my LYS's AlphaKAL - this month is 'E'.

However, today is very cloudy and cool and what I really want to be doing is sitting by the fire, knitting my half-finished Clapotis


Man, that noro is calling my name today!



This weekend my knit night girls and I are going away for our annual "Craftaway Weekend." You can bet both these projects will be coming along for the trip : )

Cheers, Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Melbourne is my home town! Love the colourway, and the pattern you've chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elvira is looking so pretty knitted up in that gorgeous yarn. The eyelets are lovely. Have fun knitting with that yummy Noro on your Craftaway Weekend. Gosh, I am so jealous! I consider myself lucky to have a Craftaway Evening every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Elvira!! Such a pretty color yarn paired with a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete