Friday, November 9, 2012

FO Friday #68 - Fibres of Friendship



Happy Friday everyone.

I'm bringing out a project this week that I finished a while ago... and started a very long while ago. Over a year ago, in fact, during a wonderful trip to Australia.

 I had the opportunity to go to the Bendigo Woollen Mills with a very good friend while we were there and we picked up some 4 ply Luxury wool that we both loved. We hatched a plan to split the wool and both knit the same pattern with it.

In the end, we made the pattern up: sort of a horizontal feather and fan scarf/shawl. And then it took me almost a year to finish it. But it is finally is done and has already been put to good use with the early start to winter we've been having. It was lovely to think of my dear friend and that trip with every stitch.

I never got any decent modelled shots so I'm afraid you are going to have to make do with ever-so-cool bathroom shots ; )




It has been a tough week around here and it's times like these I really wish my lovely friend was a whole lot closer. Miss you Brisie xxx



The 25cm of snow I see out the window means I should have lots of time to check out  FO's through Tami's Amis. I hope you get a chance to check them out too (but that you don't have the snow!)

Cheers, Nikki

7 comments:

  1. The scarf turned out lovely. Scarfs always take me a looooong time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! We've had a rough week, too, but thankfully it's now (nearly) the weekend, which should be a step up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that pattern. Those colours really suit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute scarf! Was it knit longways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! 366 stitches and 20 minutes to a row ; )

      Delete
  5. Love the colour and fan and feather is one of my most favourite patterns.Looks lovely on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The colors and shape really makes it wearable. Looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete