Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday #74 - A *Not Quite* in Progress Edition


Happy Wednesday everyone!!

I made great progress on knitting my Stockholm Cowl over the last week. So great, in fact, that the end is in sight. Unfortunately, right now it looks just like last week's picture... only, um, bigger.

So, I thought instead I would share with you some* of my plans for knitting over the next 6 weeks or so.

First up, is the 3rd and final pair of Duffers in my 2012 Slippers for Christmas spree. I have knit all of these in Cascade 220 and will share them when this last pair is done.

IMG_1282

A Turn a Square hat using Malabrigo worsted and Noro Silk Garden

IMG_1283

Zeg Warmers for a 4 year old dancer in Madelinetosh tosh merino dk.

IMG_1285

And a pair of pattern-yet-to-be-chosen mittens in some Malabrigo worsted from the darkest depths of my stash for a good friend's 40th Birthday - which is on December 1st... in Vancouver... but whatever

IMG_1284

Finally, to distract you from the glaringly obvious fact that I have not shown you any actual knitting in this post, I want to  share a delivery I got tonight that literally made be squeal with delight. I was tipped off by a very enabling friend of mine that the website bookcloseouts.ca was having a 50% off craft books sale...

IMG_1286

I picked these up for $34 total, including tax and shipping. I kid you not.
PS: The sale ends today ; )

Check out Tami's blog for some *actual* works in progress : )

Cheers, Nikki

*it is such a lovely place, this delusional world I live in.

PPS: I've got to give a shout out to Stacey from Fresh Stitches for her recent post about taking photos. I took all these photos tonight on my kitchen table, with zero natural light, on a not-quite-white sheet. I use Iphoto and only played with the exposure but I think they turned out ok!

7 comments:

  1. Your photos turned out awesome. I am jealous of the book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are fantastic! Your plans sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for big piles of ambition! I, too, have Big Plans to knit a Turn a Square in a completly unreasonable amount of time. But you're way ahead of me. I don't have the yarn yet. :) Great job on the book shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You enabler you! Not only are you posting gorgeous yarns and projects ideas, but now I have to totally check out that book sale :) The photos are really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors you've picked for the hat are really cool-- I don't normally like more muted tones, but I love the green and brown combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did show us photos of knitting, just not current knitting. LOL. But I love the yarn photos!!! Thanks for the link on photo taking tips, off to read that now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. planning and yarn to pattern matching are my favourite things. I have plans for at least 20 future projects. Maybe not plans but dreams :D

    ReplyDelete