Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday #76 - A Very Festive Week



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am in Nova Scotia for our "early Christmas". In fact, Christmas #1 is tomorrow! It's been a very fun week so far. We have walked into the woods and cut down a tree which the kids had a blast decorating. We've been looking at all the lights and decorations around town and doing various festive crafts at the house. My husband and I have even snuck out to see a local concert. It's lobster season here and there are lots of boats in the bay. It's been lovely to get a feel for the place in a different season.

I have also started a new project! I'm doing quite well with my Christmas deadlines (one pair of legwarmers and one doll's dress by actual Christmas to go...). And my cousin came here with a beautiful cowl she got at Ann Taylor Loft. Although, my cousin isn't much of a knitter, here mom is. So I have been to a local yarn shop and picked up yarn and needles for the three of us and we are trying our hands at a little reverse engineering.

I started yesterday using Sidar Faroe and this what I have so far.

image

I wish I had thought to take pics of the others.  We are having are having a lot of fun.

Anyways, I will wish you all an early Merry Christmas and get back to it. I hope you are having a great week.

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. ooh how fun that you're doing a knit along with family - sounds great. have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love it! I always think "I can make that". It will be warm and cozy when done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your extended holiday celebrations! By the sound of it, you'll be done with your deadline knitting in no-time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reverse-engineering is such a fun part of being a crafter!! I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh have a great time away on Christmas #1. It sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An early Christmas in Nova Scotia sounds lovely! I hope that you all continue to have a great time. The cowl is looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete