Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday #77 - Forward



Happy Wednesday everyone!

Wow, I seriously went AWOL there for a while. It's funny, I constantly have ideas to post but somehow they never quite make it onto the blog. Ok, it's not really funny... more frustrating.

But, it is the start of a new year and I am trying to leave the past in the past and focus on looking forward.
(originally that autocorrected to leaving the past in the pasta, which I'm pretty sure would be something else entirely ; )

If I did look back, I would have to admit what a failure 2012's resolutions were... and who wants to do that?

This year I'm resolving not to make any resolutions. My third baby is due in less than 3 weeks and really I suspect that this year is going to be more about survival that growth ; )
I'm actually loving the Yarnista's anti-resolutions -  maybe next year I'll try that!

I do have a few tiny wee goals though.

I received a lovely drop spindle for Christmas and am hoping to figure out a little bit of what to do with it.

The owner of my LYS and a good friend have both kindly offered to teach me. I figure I should have lots of time for learning new tricks right? Ha.

I've also been inspired to challenge myself with regards to knitting my stash. I will talk about that more in an upcoming post.

But this is supposed to be Work-in-Progress Wednesday. So what's on the needles now?

Well, appropriately, I am starting the year knitting a couple wee baby things.

First up is a teeny tiny pair of Hodge booties which I am also knitting as a part of my LYS' ongoing monthly alphakal. (We're at 'H'!)


I'm also knitting a Drops baby jumpsuit. As my second bub came 2 weeks early, I think it will be a race to see which is done first - the knitting or the baby ; )


Mostly I wanted to post today to take the chance to wish you all a very very Happy New Year.

From my family to yours, I hope 2013 is a wonderful, fulfilling and enjoyable year.
I know mine will be a busy one but I'm really hoping (but not resolving...) to be around here a little more to share it with you.



Cheers, Nikki








9 comments:

  1. I got a hand spinner just before Christmas and I keep meaning to make time to use it. I have fibre too! I've got a feeling with a new baby nearly here you aren't going to get much opportunity to use it, but it might be easier to pick up and put down in spare moments than a knitting pattern can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2012 resolutions were a total failure, too! I can't stop myself from making new ones though ... good luck with your impending arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stopped making resolutions too. They just weighed me down. Good Luck with the new baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely jumpsuit, good luck in the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new baby! It's wonderful to see people having families with multiple children ... makes up for the people like me who stay childless!

    I'm going to go read the anti-resolutions right now.

    Oh, and you can spindle in a seated position very easily. And Stitched Together is correct, a spindle project is very forgiving. You can set it down and pick it up easily, and the yarn is better for having sat a while (holds the twist).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three weeks?!?! How on earth did that happen so fast? Glad to see you back, my friend! Can't wait to hear all about the new arrival. Til then, happy new year to you and that adorable family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the new babe, enjoy the silence while you can! Good luck on the finishing the knitting before the babe finishes baking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to hear from you! I have every confidence that you will get one or both WIP's done before the baby arrives. Not to add any pressure or anything ;)
    Not making any resolutions is a very smart move...although I was sure that you would resolve to learn some yoga or meditation techniques, LOL.
    Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think you are very wise. I have also made just one resolution which is not to make a list of resolutions but to be present each day. It's harder than it sounds but with small children (mine are 3 and 6 so not THAT small really) it's the best I can manage.

    Thanks for the links - I was wondering what to knit for a mum I know who is shortly expecting twins and I think that the booties will be a good start - I've just downloaded the pattern.

    Good luck with the next few weeks.
    x

    ReplyDelete