Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday #79 - Something New



Happy Wednesday everyone.

No, the new thing in this post is not my much anticipated baby : (  I am still firmly in beached white whale mode.


Monkey, my four year old, told me that he doesn't think it's "fair" (everything is about fair right now) that the baby is choosing to stay with me instead of coming out to see him.
I totally agree.

In the last week, I have finished almost every WIP I have. Even a pair of socks that have taken me almost two years to complete!

So, it was time to start something new.

I have cast on for a Traveling Woman Shawl with Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the soothing colourway Cove.
It has become the perfect way to pass the time as I wait, and wait and wait.

(Two of my favourite Christmas pressies are on display in this pic too, a yarn spinner made by a local artist and my first pair of gorgeous signature needles : )

Another great to spend the time this week will be checking out all the other projects in progress over at Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki




7 comments:

  1. Just got myself a yarn winder! Baby overdue s totally unfair, mine was 12 days overdue and it felt like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Travelling Woman pattern is lovely and simple and pretty too. That yarn looks lovely. I got a yarn winder too, and I am really liking it. No skeins of yarn bounding off the sofa and scaring the cat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color for a lovely pattern. I'm not known for patience, so I cannot help with the late baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl looks like a great project to have on the needles as you wait on your newest addition to arrive. Do you LOVE your new Signatures? I have a hard time switching to my other needles now that I've grown so accustomed to my Signatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what your 4yo says...how unfair indeed!! I hope your baby makes an appearance soon, my lo was 15 days late!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you need a shawl to pass the time, but at least you can take comfort in the fact that it is GORGEOUS? Hope so, and hope the little bean makes a run for it in the very near future. Go baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yarn spinner. I Have some spindles that I have seen used for these. Need to find someone to make a base for them. Love the color of your yarn, and it's M Tosh, what could be better? Good luck with baby! And the "fair" thing? It's still an issue with 15 and 18 year olds!

    ReplyDelete