Friday, February 22, 2013

FO Friday #67 - A Little Lovely (Late) Lace



Happy Friday everyone!

Today's finished object is actually one from Christmas. In fact, it is my favourite knit from Christmas.

There are two reasons I haven't shared it before now:
1. Doodlebug is at a difficult photo taking stage and I haven't been able to get a good shot of her wearing it. (I have now given up.)
2. I was really hoping to make her a matching doll dress. Hopefully I still will at some point. But, I'm going to cut myself some slack as things are a little busy right now.

This a very special knit for several reasons:
1. The yarn was hand dyed by my friends in Australia and sent as a special gift for a bi-continental knit along.
2. They named the colourway after me ; )
3. I am really proud of the way it turned out (especially considering the multiple lace surgeries I had to perform to fix mistakes along the way)

So here we have:



Pattern: Elvira by Sanne Rasmilla
I love this pattern. I think the style and lace is gorgeous. I especially love how Doodlebug can wear it as as a tunic/dress now and it will fit as a top later. I love knits for kids that last more than five minutes! The main downside to this pattern is the price. It is not for the faint of heart. I would love to make Fiona's Top too, but I can't bring myself to shell out another nine dollars for such a similar pattern. Also this is one of those patterns that makes you do a little math along the way - I remember being feeling annoyed at that given what I paid. That said, I would not hesitate to make this again.


Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4 ply
Hand Dyed by: Craftie Young Peoples Priceless Yarns
Colourway: Nikki

This is one of my favourite superwash yarns. It is only improved when dyed as a semisolid with koolaid - and it makes it smell yummy too!


Doodlebug is already proving herself to be "knit worthy". This tunic is one of the few things that she will usually put on without much of a fight. She loves to tell everyone that she is wearing Mummy's "mitting". She might be tough to take pictures of right now, but she is still pretty darn cute.



Have a great weekend!

Cheers, Nikki

PS: As usual, I'm linking up with Tami's Amis and all the awesome FO's that are going on over there.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, such a lovely tunic, and the color is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable. I have looked at that pattern too, but I refuse to pay that much for one pattern! The color of the yarn is gorgeous! I love the shot on the arms of the chair, too cute! But the family photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. GOSH! She is cute! The little dress is completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the shot of Doodlebug draped in the arm chair ... although she really isn't showing off the knitting very well there, is she? Looks like a very adaptable knit that should get lots of wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tunic! The color looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!

    I use almost nothing but bendigo woollen mills. Luxury is just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is so pretty and Doodlebug looks adorable in it! Love the last picture of all your little ones!

    ReplyDelete