Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday #86 - Preparations

Happy Wednesday everyone!

My jacket for Doodlebug is coming along swimmingly. Of course, I only have eleven days to finish if I want to be a part of this month's AlphaKAL at my LYS, The Loop. Oh, and I'm also flying to the UK with three children in four days. But, I haven't missed a month of this KAL yet and I am determined!


BTW I love how this yarn is knitting up. So pretty for a little girl (you know, without being pepto bismal pink).

I have also put some thought into what to take for me as travel knitting. So far I have:

A TGV (High Speed Knitting) in Handmaiden Casbah in the Hemlock colourway. This will be my project for April's AlphaKAL (K is for Knitting). Also, I cannot think about this yarn without singing "Rock the Casbah" in my head.


Next up is my first project from Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club. An Aerie scarf in Silver Label Boysenberry.


I'm also thinking about chucking in a pair of socks. You know, in case we get stranded in the UK for an extra couple weeks and there are no yarn stores to be found. What? It could happen!

Now I'm off to figure out the jigsaw puzzle of how to fit 5 people's clothing and gear for a two week trip into three suitcases . Arrrrggggg

Cheers, Nikki

As usual, I'm linking up with Tamis Amis' WIP Wednesdays : )





14 comments:

  1. Both those yarns are gorgeous! I nearly asked my partner to pick me up some Tanis Fiber Arts as he is in Washington DC this week. It's a yarn that I've not seen in the UK and it looks gorgeous. Then I realised that he probably wouldn't have time. Plus I need more yarn like a hole in the head! Have a lovely time in Wales and make sure you pack waterproof clothing. It gets wet in Wales in the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever you decide you are ready for more yarn ; ) I would be happy to ship you some Tanis from here (or Knit Picks for that matter).

      Delete
  2. that boysenberry yarn is divine!

    and thanks for getting rock the casbah stuck in my head >;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha My work of the day is complete ; )

      Delete
  3. Lovely little jacket:) The green yarn is so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you've picked. Enjoy your trip to Wales. Its cloudy but not raining at the mo and they've even forecast sun here next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that green color! And the jacket is coming along beautifully! Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new project yarn!! and the tweedy jacket looks AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh your jacket is beautiful, i can't wait to see it finished. I love your new project too - the yarn is super pretty. Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still loving that sweater! You can do it. I'm guessing the munchkins are no help with carry-ons, right? LOL. Good luck in your puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with babies? They need several times their own weight in stuff and then you have to carry them too!

      Delete
  9. The cabled yoke on your jumper is completely adorable! I'm sure you'll beat the deadline and have this finished in time! You're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post - I added more patterns in my library, love Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Date - Have a friend who sews and / or no fleshlight sleeves to
    bell sleeves or hat sleeves. Do you want to see the other
    side. When he sees people in Canada and America, and Neeson plays him as a" sperm-filled waxwork corpse with the eyes of todays teens.

    ReplyDelete