Friday, April 26, 2013

FO Friday #73 - K is for Knitting



Happy Friday everyone!

I am really looking forward to this weekend because not only has spring finally sprung, but my mum is coming to visit! She hasn't seen Bean in 10 weeks and he has changed so much.


Here he is, this week, enjoying another gorgeous hand knit cardigan made by a friend of mine.

I have a new knit too....



Pattern: TGV (High Speed Knitting) by Susan Ashcroft
This is a great simple pattern. I did the increases as written and thought the top edge felt a little tight, but it is still comfortable to wear. I wish I could have made the ribbing a little deeper, but I would have had to sacrifice length and I think the length is perfect for me.


80% Merino / 10% Cashmere / 10% Nylon
Colourway: Hemlock
The yarn is glorious and the colour may be my most favourite I have ever knit. I cannot tell you how much I love this yarn. I wish I could bath in it.


I wanted to include a modelled shot but unfortunately this means you get a poorly lit bathroom pic. The colour is most accurate in the first photo.

The best part about this knit is that it will always remind me of our first travels as a family of five to my family's homeland, Wales.

Cheers, Nikki



11 comments:

  1. oh what a beautiful scarf, i love the drape and the colour and everything about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your wee one is adorable! I love your scarf too, the color is fabulous. I love projects that remind me of something wonderful, it makes it that much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is so lovely. I have plans to knit a TGV as I have a couple of skeins of Noro Silk Garden Sock that I think would work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is my favourite colour in spring. Great photograph. Have a good time with your mum. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful color. I tried that knit and was not successful, it was growing too large and unwieldy. Yours is lovely! Hope your mother's visit goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing scarf! It sits so well on your shoulders! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bean is precious! Lovely shawl, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bean looks tremendously excited! He's looking forward to seeing your Mum too! Your shawl looks beautiful too. What lovely spring greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scarf! I love those greens. (Beautiful Bean, too. Look at that face! Aww.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bean is adorable! He has such a cute smile. Love your shawl, especially in that green colorway. The shape of the shawl is perfect for tossing around the neck. Might have to give this pattern a go with some stash yarn. Hope you have a great time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete