Friday, May 3, 2013

FO Friday #74 - Unseasonable Hat


Happy Friday everyone!

I have quick small FO to share today. My son's friend's dad has been not-so-subtley hinting that he would love a knit hat. When I made his daughter legwarmers for Christmas he joked that he double checked the wrapping to make sure that he hadn't missed his hat. About a month ago we found out that they will be moving to another province this summer. I decided to make him his hat as a going away gift.

So, this week on what will hopefully be the last snowfall day of the year, I gifted him with his hat. At least he got to wear it for one day. No to worry, where they are moving is just as cold as here. There will be plenty of winter left for it.



Pattern: Windschief by Stephen West
Size: medium

Yarn: Malabrigo Rios (my go-to hat yarn!)
Coulourway: Playa


We are heading on a day trip to the mountains tomorrow to enjoy the true start to spring. I can't wait! (and not only because there is a fabulous yarn store there ; )

I hope you have plenty to look forward this weekend.

Cheers, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. The hate is perfect for a man. I am sure he will cherish it always. Isn't it fun to knit for someone who gets it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome hat!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado-osito/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome present, he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is terrific! Love how it looks knitted up in Rios. What a sweet going away present. Windschief is one of my favorite hat patterns for guys. Enjoy your trip to the mountains (and the yarn store!)

    ReplyDelete