Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday #93 -



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I don't have an awful lot to show you because I finished my Fishtail scarf! YAY!! and because I ripped back my Aerie scarf to where I made the extra stitch (come on, you knew I would) and have knit back to the exact same spot. Yay?

I have been working on my Creme Brulee top and am just about to split for the sleeves. I really like the way it looks but I'm a little unsure how long to knit the body for. I didn't knit a gauge swatch... Wait, wait! I had a good reason. I'm quite sure this cotton yarn will grow and I seriously doubt a small guage swatch would accurately reflect the way the full garment will behave. According to the pattern, I am to knit the body for 14.5 inches. I have stopped at about 13. Let's just hope I don't end up with a crop top. Nobody needs to see that.

image

Before I go, I cold use some opinions about one of my next projects. My LYS is up to the letter M in our "alphaKAL" and I am planning to do "M is for Madelinetosh". I am considering diving into beaded knitting and making a Faberge shawl (a pattern a scored for free a little while ago).

I have this purple yarn (colourway flashdance) with some great coordinating beads but need a second colour to go with it.

image

What do you think about green for the second colour? Too much? It is a lot of colour but I'm kind of drawn to it. My first thought was to use a light gray but I just couldn't find anything that was quite right.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Wednesday and get the chance to swing by Tami's Amis to check out (a ton of) other WIP's.

Cheers, Nikki

13 comments:

  1. STOP showing me awesome patterns! GRR I don't have time for this!

    I LOVE green and purple together. Huge upvote from me. Plus, EVERYONE uses grey - be different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those colours will give a very strong colour contrast, but the colour strengths are very similar. If you want a more visible contrast you need a dark and a light shade. However, I do like those colours together and it will give a very different look to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love putting rich colors together. Beautiful yarn selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this two colour together, contrasting colour usually always make a project more stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them together, but I always use green and purple together. I do agree with Stitched, a lighter shade would give more contrast, maybe a celery or chartreuse green?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the two colors together. A more aqua blue or teal would look really nice too. But I'm partial to purple and blue together :) The top is looking really good, I love that pattern, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like those colors together. I think it will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green and purple together. After all, it's not like it's stripes- where the colours would vibrate against each other. I say go for it!

    Is "T" for "Tosh" as well? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the two colours together although I'd probably go for a lighter shade or something like a pale purple or grey like you suggest. Lovely pattern though and your top is knitting up beautifully. Fingers crossed it grows enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top looks wonderful!
    I love the colors you've picked for your shawl:) They look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green & purple combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The top is looking wonderful! Good idea to stop a little shy of the suggested length when using cotton yarn. I learned that the hard way.
    The purple and green is a pretty combo. Although purple and light grey would be lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty yarn! Those colors look great together. And your cotton top is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete