Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Spins #3 - On Tour!



Happy Sunday everyone!

What a fun start to the Tour de Fleece!

It was amazing yesterday to keep track on Ravelry and see all the different fibres and spinning that was going on. I am really enjoying being a part of the Rookies team and Especially Team Must Stash Podcast.



I am continuing to spin my 100 grams bluefaced leicester roving  from Dragonfly Dyewerx on my drop spindle. I started the day with 70 grams to go. 

image


It is a hot Canada Day long weekend here in Calgary and I wanted to make the most of both the weather and my chance to spin. The only solution? Backyard spinning!

image


Yesterday, I spun 14 grams and am almost at the halfway point of my roving. I want my final product to be a two ply yarn so I will wind off the single from my spindle to a bobbin (aka toilet paper roll) soon.

To celebrate to start of the Tour de Fleece, I have another 100 grams of of hand dyed BFL from Dragonfly Dyewerx for one of you! This lovely wool is soft with a long staple and is great for any level spinner. Just leave a comment a comment to this post and I will randomly draw a name next Sunday. Please include either your Ravelry name or email so I can contact you. As always, I'm happy to ship anywhere.

image



Finally a bit of housekeeping...

With the demise of Google Reader and my url change I would appreciate you following me on Bloglovin or your new RSS feed reader

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy Sunday spinning!

Cheers, Nikki


image

17 comments:

  1. Hello! I found my way to your blog from TDF-day2 thread at Ravelry. :) You have a lovely blog and I'm sure I'll visit here soon again. Greetings from Finland! You can visit my blog: www.nurinoikeineiku.blogspot.fi but it's only in Finnish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot, I'm Rannae @ Ravelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spinning looks great and that fiber is really pretty.
    Wentworthsanky on ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spinning! I also found your blog on the TDF Day 2 thread on Ravelry. My Ravelry name is AynsMommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fibre is gorgeous. I have been sucked into TDF, despite my best efforts to be drawn in. LOL. I'm on the Rookies team too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastellistin on ravelry, another who found you from the rookies thread.... That fiber looks like lots of fun, most of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I don't know why it did that, but my name is Mercy.

      Delete
  7. Hello Nikki! I found your blog through the TDF Day2 thread, like many others. The yarn you spin looks lovely, and I also like the color of the yarn you give away.
    My ravelry username is butterflychaos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am really enjoying your blog your spinning looks great love the colours annahop on raverly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! It's SupaSteph here to say great blog and wonderful prize giveaway. I hope you and everyone else have a great Tour de Fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely spinning! I hope one day to make such pretty yarn with a spindle too.

    I love your toilet paper bobbin :D

    AmyBamy (on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I just found your blog from the tdf thread. I'm about to add you to my reader! Looks like you had fun spinning today!

    I'm shaybear on Rav.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Backyard spinning looks totally fun! Love the purple. Love your new blog format, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gorgeous fibre - I'd love to be in the draw! Thanks for linking up with Spinning Show & Tell :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to start spinning (drop spindle) now during TDF and this would be a great way to get started! I just found your blog today, and am following on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spijnning in the garden is such a great idea! Beautiful fluff.
    dbexx (on rav)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you thru Tamis Amis. I'm glad to find another Canadian spinner. DaisyL on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete