Friday, July 5, 2013

FO Friday #77 - Teacher Cowls



Happy Friday everyone!

I'm playing a little catch up on FO's this week.

I wanted to make Monkey's teachers gifts for the end of the year. SupaSteph from the Must Stash Podcast suggested to Glam Cowl. I have always wanted to try knitting with a kid-silk type yarn, so I gave it a go. These were very quick and simple to make and I was very happy with the result.


IMG_3229

IMG_3225
Pattern: Glam Cowl by Jacqui Harding
Free, quick and clear. Perfect for gift knitting

One 25 gram ball each
Light as a cloud and so soft. Oddly, one colourway felt just a little softer than the other.

Modifications: 
I did one less repeat than the full pattern due to yarn constraints but they were still a great size.

image

Unfortunately, due to the flooding, Monkey's last day of school was cancelled. I didn't get to see his teachers open their gifts but I dropped them off the following week. I sure hope they liked them.

This weekend my husband is working, which basically means I'm working too.  (Don't feel too sorry for me though. Next weekend we head off on vacation.)

Hope you have a weekend full of great plans - especially fibre filled ones!

Cheers, Nikki 

PS: This is the last post before I draw for that gorgeous Dragon Dyewerx fibre on Sunday. Leave a comment on last Sunday's post for your chance to win!

PPS: I have a giveaway planned for all knitters very soon. So stay tuned!



8 comments:

  1. Oh my, those cowls are gorgeous. I'm going to have to make some for Christmas this year, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cowls, what a lovely idea as a
    gift for teachers. I bet the yarn was
    nice to knit with.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how these turned out. Perfect size and the colors are so pretty, especially that green. I have a renegade ball of the same yarn in my stash so now I know what to use it for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cowls ! lucky lucky teachers :)I might make these as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cowls. I may have to remember this pattern for Christmas knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so lovely and airy. I am sure they adored them. Yay for vacation!!

    ReplyDelete