Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Spins #4: And the winner is....

Meeeeee! I made some yarn!!!!

Happy Sunday everyone.

I finished my first braid of roving. My second real skein of yarn. It took me all week to do. Including, I'm not kidding, SEVEN hours of plying yesterday!

Here are some pics from the first week of the Tour de Fleece...



The final product is a 2 ply BFL. I got 403 yards (368 m) in a thick and thin light fingering.


I'm thinking Hitchhiker. What do you think?

But I am not the only winner this week! One of you is a lucky winner too. Especially if you are SupaSteph! (Somewhat ironically) you are the winner of this gorgeous 100g of BFL roving from Dragonfly Dyewerx as chosen by Random.org! Congratulations!!


Happy spinning everyone. Enjoy a lovely day off tomorrow and maybe, I don't know, knit something? ; )

Cheers, Nikki



6 comments:

  1. Your spinning is beautiful and I think it would make a great hitchhiker. Well done!

    Thank you for my prize! I'm excited. I've not tried Dragonfly Dyeworks yet and I'm looking forward to spinning it. -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your handspun. It would make a lovely Hitchhiker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your handspun has lovely colours, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous yarn! Seven hours - wow - at least it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn is gorgeous! You are such a quick learner.

    ReplyDelete