Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday Spins on a Monday

Happy Monday everyone!

It is a beautiful day here in Nova Scotia. I'm posting a day late and I've totally decided to blame it on on confusions over time change ; ) My kids all travelled well on our red eye flight but I'm still exhausted. Good thing there is nothing to do except enjoy the fresh air and knit and spin (and look after three kids, but really, how much time can that take).

Today is a rest day for the Tour de Fleece but I missed Saturday (time change strikes again ; ) so I'm spinning today.

After finishing my BFL braid, I had planned to move onto some polworth as I had heard that the fibre was a good one for beginners. But the polworth braid I have is purple and really wanted to move onto a new colour. So I've started my tangerine superwash merino. I was worried that I would find the merino tough to spin but the drafting feels very similar to the BFL. Except it is oh so very soft. I feel like I am spinning clouds. Just bright orange ones ; )

In addition to trying a new fibre, I'm also using my new top whorl spindle. I have also split the fibre into three parts to try a true three ply. So much to learn! I have barely scratched the surface.

Here are a few pics from my second week of the Tour de Fleece.

image
image
image
image
image
image

Now I'm off to spin is the sun. (Ha, that sentence auto corrected to sin in the sun - I wish auto correct. I wish)


image

Cheers, Nikki

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos and I love that orange fibre - beautiful! Your spindle is lovely - where is it from?

    I hope you have lots of fun s(p)inning in the sun today. Thanks for linking up.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think babies should be used as a backdrop more often! Baby is beautiful, as is the spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This orange one is my favorite so far. So vibrant. Your little guy looks adorably oblivious to it all!

    ReplyDelete