Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIP #100 - All The Things

Happy Wednesday everyone.

This is Work In Progress Wednesday post #100! Woo hoo! I have to give thanks and a special shout out to Tami for getting me started on these posts.

We left on vacation this past weekend and in the end I did not have a lot of time to gather my thoughts or knitting supplies. I knew what I wanted to spin but after abandoning the "sweaty" vest, I was a bit lost about what I wanted to knit. I feared arriving on vacation and not having anything with me that I fancied knitting. The only solution was to bring All The Things.

image

I'm at the heel and I'm thinking of doing an afterthought heel so I've paused for a moment on these while I gather my wits. That shouldn't take long (Ha).


image Actually, I have started this twice. I originally picked the mint chocolate chip merino but nine rows in I wasn't loving the result so I tried again. I'm much happier with it now.


image

I have promised Monkey a new sweater by the start of school... I'd better get on it.


image

image 
I have cast on for a Citron with yarn I bought years ago for this very purpose.

The only problem I have found so far with bringing All The Things is that now I want to knit All The Things.

There are worse problems I suppose ; )

Cheers, Nikki




7 comments:

  1. KEEP ON KNITTING!
    I really like the yarns, Each is very different but something I would choose.
    I enjoy taking a peek at others creations. Thanks for sharing.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie - The Handmade Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have three active wips and want to work on all of them, plus cast on more!!! I guess it's a better problem than no knitting mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that is about how I usually pack. I figure we're on vacation I will have nothing but time to knit while the kids play peacefully ... needless to say I don't generally get much done with 4 very active little munchkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're going to be very busy with all those projects! I love the socks and the yarn you're using for the cowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRING ALL THE THINGS! YEEEESSSSSS! As for your sock, I'd definitely opt for an afterthought heel to keep those perfect stripes just perfect. Love the yarn for citron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you included some pretty vacation scenery into those WIP pics. Great job color coordinating the yarn to the background, too :) All the things look wonderfully fun to knit on. I hope you get some relaxing time to work on each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vacation pics. Thanks for taking us (and your knitting) along. Where are you visiting?

    ReplyDelete