Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP #99 - Push Ahead or Toss Aside?


Happy Wednesday everyone!

We are enjoying a crazy week of alternating hot and sunny days with ones filled with torrential rain. It has been wild.

I have been spinning a lot but I am trying to focus some time on my knitting. I am trying to knit the Alberta vest for my husband by the end of July as it is supposed to be my "N" project for my LYS' AlphaKAL (N is for Noro).

image

It seems to be knitting up just fine but I am suffering from a serious lack of motivation because it just. feels. wrong. to be knitting an alpaca and wool sweater in the middle of this heat!

I am considering abandoning ship. I need to finish it by the beginning of October for our anniversary, but maybe it would be ok to put is aside for just a little bit?

Which means I need a new "N" project. I am considering knitting A Noble Cowl by Emily Kausalik. Yarn contenders from my stash would be to use some Debbie Bliss Pima in blue, Bendigo alpaca in a blue-green colourway called Oceanic, Louisa Harding's Grace Silk & Wool in a shiny brown or some organic merino in a tonal mint green and brownish colourway.

image
image

What would be your choice?
Please help me get through my decision making issues so I can take it away with me on holiday this weekend and knit away my guilt for ignoring that sweaty vest.

Hope you are enjoying some season appropriate knitting in you rneck of the woods. Don't forget to check out tons of WIP inspirations through Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki


PS: In a cause that is dear to my heart,
Yulia Vysochina is donating all the money from her pattern sales from July and August to the Red Cross to support the Southern Alberta flood victims. Click here to view her patterns. Her lace is amazing. I bought her I Want it Now Shawl pictured here.

9 comments:

  1. I love your yarn selections. That sweater sounds way too hot to work on. I would do the same if I were you.
    I like your blog's new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue yarn is lovely! I think I would put aside a sweater as well. Too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must agree with the others and the cowl looks very pretty. My choice would be the beautiful yarn with the minty shade in it, it looks fresh too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this heat I'd absolutely bail on the Noro sweater! The whole idea of sweat + NORO = ICK! Put it aside for something smaller, lighter and more enjoyable. Besides look at summery that light blue looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the lighter of the two blues.
    And I totally would give up and put aside heavy wool knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brown, I say brown!!! But then, I adore brown shades. LOL. Love the colors in the vest, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abandon ship, stat! Although I adore knitting with alpaca, it is just too warm for summertime knitting. The cowl would be so much more fun to kit right now. As for the yarn choice, I am favoring the lighter blue or surprisingly, the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I just noticed that Heidi Kirrmaier is donating all the proceeds from her gorgeous new Chance of Showers cardigan to the flood relief effort (from now until the end of September). I have the perfect grey yarn in my stash for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stripes in your project, but understand it might not be for summer. In that case, I vote for the blues!

    ReplyDelete