Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP Wednesday #102 - On the Road Again

Happy Wednesday everyone!

As nice as it's been to be home the last few days, I'm excited to hit the road (or sky) again tonight. This time I'm taking the kids on my own to see my parents in Vancouver for a week. It's pretty col that we will be playing in the waters of both the Atlantic and Pacific in less than a week while our actual home city is landlocked ; )

I've had just enough time unpack and put everything away before it was time to pack again. Oh well.

Most importantly, of course, is the knitting to be packed (or re packed as the case may be).

Since putting down my Citron (which I suspect is headed for the frog pond), I've had time to make a good start on Monkey's sweater. I've just started on the colourwork. After many hours of soul searching, he's settled on helicopters.

image

I'm also at the heel of my first Vanilla Latte striped sock. I've just undone the waste yarn for the afterthought heel placement.

image


As for my trip, I'm thinking I need some brainless project options so I've pulled out some Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud lace as a potential Citron replacement. 

image

And some Fleece Artist Kidazzle for a Sockhead Hat (all the cool kids are doing it and I know the designer from the LYS in Canmore so I want to make one too). 

image

I also got out the yarn for my long queued Seashore Cowl as it will fit the bill for my LYS's August AlphaKAL...

Apparently, my startitis isn't quite over yet. 

I did finish something! Be sure to check back Friday to see it.  

Cheers, Nikki

As always, I linking up with Tami's Amis. So many great projects in progress!


12 comments:

  1. A helicopter jumper sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grey and red of the sweater! So nice! Actually, all of the yarn you are working with is lovely :-) I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of the alpaca cloud - it will be a beautiful citron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours of the sweater, can't wait to see it done. i have a new found love for colourwork.

    Please tell me you will be visiting sweetgeorgia while in Vancouver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll get there this time but I'm planning to go to Knit City in October. That trip will be all about the sweetgeorgia!

      Delete
  5. Goodness that's a lot to bring along - how long are you going for? LOL!
    I'd like a pullover with helicopters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the color work on that sweater! I think gray is my new fav sweater color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sockhead Hat looks like a perfect pattern for that beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous yarn! Helicopters? This I've got to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky to be heading off on another vacation. Love all the projects that you are taking along. Can't wait to see the helicopter sweater develop and also the yarn you chose for the Seashore Cowl. That one is on my to-knit list. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I packed 4 projects worth of yarn for our vacation, but I did finish 2 and got into the 3rd while we were gone. It's amazing how much free time you have en route to places and in the evenings.
    I got some kingpin felici on sale a while back and so love that colorway! I still haven't decided what to do with it, yet. (mittens or socks)

    ReplyDelete