Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday #98 - Sidelined

 Happy Wednesday everyone!

We have been having a glorious summer week here in Calgary. Stampede starts next week and I have already ordered my flood relief t-shirt. There has never been a more fitting Stampede logo.

We have been spending a lot of of time outside. Now that my son is on summer holidays, I'm really feeling what it's like to be a full time mum of three kids! This week my knitting has taken the sideline to my spinning but I have gotten on with a few things.

First up is my current sock. I knit about ten rows on this months ago, but I when I picked it up this week I couldn't really remember what I was doing. So, I just ripped it out and started again. I'm loving watching the stripes appear and I think it looks really good so far. The yarn is the discontinued Felici Sport in the Kingpin colourway and the pattern is Vanilla Latte Socks. I am knitting on size 2 knit picks nickel DPNs.

image

Next up is just a swatch, but a very important one. This October with mark my 7th wedding anniversary. A good friend told me the other day that wool is the traditional gift for seven years married. Yippee! Fingers crossed that my husband figures this out too!

In any case, I've decided to make my hubby Jared Flood's Alberta vest. I am planning to use Ultra Alpaca and Noro Sinlk Garden (and double dip I my LYS's monthly alphaKAL with N is for Noro). The big challenge with this pattern is that the sleeve openings are steeked. Yikes! I'm just putting that out of my head until I get there.

image

As usual, I'm linking up with the gang at Tami's Amis. There are some great projects happening over there.

Cheers, Nikki

PS: don't forget to check out last Sunday's post for your chance to win some gorgeous hand dyed fibre!


10 comments:

  1. Lovely projects both! Your socks have very interesting colours. I like them very much! :-) Greetings from Germany! Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Projects look good. The socks like they are going to be lovely and cosy and warm. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sock story sounds similar to my shawl story this week! I love that pattern! I haven't done adult socks before, but it is on my list :-) We have been spending a lot of time inside recently due to extreme amounts of rain, but the sun seems to be coming back for the rest of the week and weekend, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely yarns, great projects. Enjoy the Stampede. I have always wanted to get there for that. Maybe one year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful yarns, the swatch looks gorgeous, perfect for a man's vest. I love the colours of your socks. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute socks, eeek at steeking. I've got a project queued that involves steeks and I keep putting it off. Scary :-S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects!!

    I hope your husband gives you a nice present.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-94/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in your socks. Vanilla Latte is one of my favorite patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice colors in your sock:)

    ReplyDelete