Friday, August 30, 2013

FO Friday #81 - Decaf Vanilla Latte Socks


Happy Friday everyone!

I have an FO! I finished a pair of socks about an hour into my road trip to Montana. Good omen for a long car ride, I say.


 I used the Vanilla Latte pattern for these socks. It is free and a great alternative to plain vanilla for self-striping. I used Laura Linneman's afterthought heel to maintain the stripes. I read a tip that said that fter picking up the heel stitches, to knit a few rounds before decreasing the heel for a better fit. I knit four rounds before decreasing and I haven't blocked them yet but so far I love the fit.


The yarn is Knit Picks (sadly discontinued) Felici sport weight yarn in the King Pin colourway. I matched up the stripes pretty well. I knit seven inches before I put in the waste yarn for the heel. I probably had about 10 grams left from my 2 skeins. I cast on 56 stitches and knit these on 2.75mm DPNs. I don't know how well this yarn will wear but they feel is lovely and soft.


I'm excited to have a squishy pair of socks to welcome in the Fall (not yet though, not yet!) As usual,I'll be linking up my FO with a whole bunch of other awesome finished projects through Tami's Amis.

Those of you who have a long weekend this weekend, I hope you get the chance to enjoy every extra moment. We are back on the road and heading home today. Monkey starts Kindergarten on Tuesday! Crazy!

Cheers, Nikki





6 comments:

  1. Your socks are gorgeous! I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fab, you've got the heel striping lined up just perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so sweet in those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome socks, I always admire those who knits socks.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminada-alicia/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stripey socks! Love how well they match, too. Good luck to Monkey on his first day of Kindergarten. Have a safe drive back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes in these socks, and they are properly matching too!!

    ReplyDelete